NEET UG 2018 – Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates & Pattern
NEET 2018, National Eligibility Entrance Test is one of the talks of the towns, all over country for a past few months. Ever since the announcement about entrance exam for medical studies, students in class 12 turned so keen to watch the announcement regarding NEET exam, syllabus and other related information. Passing in NEET 2018 is essential to get admission in MBBS in India. NEET 2018 registration is mandatory to appear in the entrance exam and pursue their dream of studying MBBS.
NEET is a single tier medical entrance exam, common all over India for all colleges that offer medical and dental programs. It comes under the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
NEET 2018 Notification
The notification about NEET 2018 exam has been published on 8th Feb 2018. The notification is available on CBSE portal. The Central Board of Secondary Education will publish the details of NEET 2018 application and exam date in the official website, cbseneet.nic.in 2018. Click Here for Official Notification
In order to enhance the quality of medical education and drop out the incompetency, Government has reinforced all India medical entrance exams. Until few years, students directly get enrolled in MBBS across the country based on higher secondary cut off marks. In addition, Government also introduced new norms and rules to appear in NEET 2018 exam. Many changes are expected in the CBSE NEET 2018 announcement. Let us take a brief overview about NEET 2018.
NEET 2018 Latest updates
It’s already February second week and the board is yet to announce the details about NEET exam date. In addition, the exam for higher secondary students 2018 is just around the corner. Lakhs of medical aspirants waiting to get update from the NEET 2018 notification. Online application submission of NEET UG form has been started from 8th Feb 2018. It is likely that exam is scheduled on 6th May 2018.
- The Supreme Court has passed an order that NEET exam will be bilingual, where is mandatory and it is one of the default languages in which entrance exam is set.
- Another set of question paper is available in major state languages.
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
NEET UG 2018 Important Dates
- Online application submission starts – 8th Feb 2018
- Last date for sending application – 9th March 2018 up to 23.50 Hrs. (IST)
- Pay application fee from- 08.02.2018 to 10.03.2018 up to 23.50 Hrs. (IST)
- Correction in application form – 12.03.2018 to 16.03.2018
- NEEET-UG Exam Date – 6th May 2018 (Sunday)
- Declaration of NEET UG result – 5th June 2018 (Tuesday)
The dates are yet to be officially confirmed. Similarly, there are cut off dates for appearing in counseling session for each round of counseling. Admit cards for NEET 2018 exam shall be available from first week of April 2018. Make sure to subscribe to the official site CBSE NEET to get frequent and necessary updates.
The official website where you can get the announcement, and do registration is cbseneet.nic.in. The website shares all the notifications inclusive of online application form, exam dates, and result dates etc.
The first information about NEET 2018 application was announced in the first week of December 2017. Yes, the application for NEET 2018 is already open in the official website.
Currently, the application portal is open for corrections of previously made application to appear in the current year exam. Registration for CBSE NEET is mandatory and students applied only through online mode.
NEET UG 2018 Eligibility Requirements
There is certain eligibility criterion regulated by CBSE for NEET exam 2018 applicants.
- The applicant shall be an Indian National or must have Overseas Citizenship of India. Without Indian nationality or citizenship application is void.
- Minimum age is completion of 17 years and maximum age is completion of 25 years, as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Applicants who belong to reserved castes have an extension on age limit, and maximum age is 30 years.
- Students who are currently studying class 12 in any recognized board of education are eligible to apply for NEET exam.
- Students who passed 12th standard are also eligible to apply considering the maximum age limit.
- The main subjects in class 12 shall be Biology / Botany & Zoology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- English shall be one of the main languages of study.
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying to NEET UG 2018 is 50 % in the main subjects for general 45 % for physically challenged candidates and 40 % for reserved candidates.
The upper age limit for application to NEET 2018 is 25 years maximum as on May 6, 2018. Instead of Biology, students who opted for Biotechnology are also eligible to apply for NEET entrance exam.
NEET 2018 Application Form
- NEET application is available only in official website http://cbseneet.nic.in, online mode.
- Students shall fill the basic details like personal information, contact, qualification, domicile etc
- The application mandates adding the pictures and signature in prescribed image format, size and dimension. Make sure you have the scanned images in respective format.
- There is also requirement of index finger thumb impression image in the prescribed format.
- Payment shall be made online or through bank.
- It is not necessary that you should pay immediately after filling the application form for neet exam. You can pay the fee through online mode or through bank and update in the portal.
- Once the fee is paid, update the payment details in the application.
- After entering the fee detail, take the print of the application confirmation page, and save a copy in your system.
- Keep the confirmation page of the application safe.
- All applicants must have AADHAR number to apply for the exam.
Application fee for NEET 2018 exam
The application fee is announced by the authorities. There is also a change marked in the application fee for NEET UG 2018 exam. Previous, Rs.1000 /- was charged for general category applicants and Rs. 550 /- was charged for reserved category candidates.
NEET 2018 exam fee:
- Candidates from general category shall pay Rs. 1400/-
- Candidates from reserved categories shall pay Rs. 750 /-
- Fee for Physically Challenged candidate is Rs.750 /-
Mode of fee payment:
- Online fee payment shall be made through net banking, debit card or credit card.
- Through E-wallets of common services centre and other service providers.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 is given below:
- There will be total of 180 questions in the exam. All questions are based on objective type with four options. There are no narrative questions.
- Mode of exam is offline (pen and paper).
- Questions shall be asked from the subjects – Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration of exam is 3 hours.
- As mentioned above, the questions will be given in two languages, English and other language, which includes Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali and Gujarathi.
- Marking scheme for each question is 4 marks for every correct answer. There is negative marking for every wrong answer and 1 mark is reduced for negative marking.
|Subjects / Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
Syllabus is based on the class 11 and 12 curriculum, followed by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. This is approved by Medical Council of India. NEET UG 2017 syllabus is followed in the NEET UG 2018 syllabus without any change.
Quick Preparation Tips for NEET 2018 Exam
It is essential to prepare in advance for the entrance exam. However, the syllabus is from class 11 and class 12 subjects. So making yourself thorough with the subjects help you learn the basics. It is not sufficient to score high in the entrance exam. You should consider preparation and learn in detail from similar text books and study materials.
There are many mock tests available for preparations and you can solve the model test question papers in the prescribed time. Plan for each subject and work on a schedule. Do not rush in the last moment and include new topics for preparation.
Prepare well and all the best.