Study MBBS in Jiaotong University (XJTU), China
Xi’an Jiaotong University is one among the C9 League University, with strong emphasis in different fields of education from Engineering to Health care. The University has 20 schools, offering undergraduate courses to comprehensive research programs in different subjects, where medicine is a prominent one.
XJTU has affiliated teaching hospitals associated with the medical school. The University has international collaboration under One Belt – One Road initiative. The hub of the University is the University Alliance of the Silk Road, associated with the international academic collaboration.
XJTU was initially established as Nanyang College in the year 1896, in Shangai. Gradually, it evolved into a Key University in China. This is the first university to enter the 211 project and 985 projects of China, which evolves into a first class Global University in China. In the year 2000, upon approval from State Council, Xi’an Medical University and Shaanxi Institute of Institute of Finance, and merged into Xi’an Jiaotong University.
This is a premier university in China, administered directly by the Education Ministry of China. Besides, it is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in China that still functions effectively featuring with a focus on a global arena.
XJTU has three campuses, Yanta Campus, Qujiang Campus and Xingqing Campus. It spreads across 19 lakhs square kilometers. International students live in the XingQing and Yanta Campus.
MBBS is a 6 year program offered by this university. Learning the local language, Chinese, forms the basic course in the first year. The first year of study involves learning Chinese language, along with physics, chemistry and Anatomy terminology.
The second part of course deals with common medical course curriculum, which lasts for 2.5 years.
Next 1.5 years involves rotational clinical studies in advanced subjects like Radiology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, etc.
The last year is allocated for rotational internship in different departments in the teaching hospitals affiliated to University.
The college enrolls students based on merit performance, management quota and international quota.
- Applicants must have passed school education in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized education board or any equivalent qualification recognized by universities.
- The major subject of study must be Biology, Physics and Chemistry
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying is 50 % in aggregate.
The application for international students is available online.
Highlights of the Medical College
- Premier University in China, and the first of its kind to offer higher education.
- Governed directly by the Ministry of Education.
- Teaching language is English and it makes very comfortable for students which don’t pose any necessity to learn the foreign language as part of medical course. However, learning Chinese is part of Curriculum, which enables communication with the locals easy and comfortable.
- Internship is part of the 6 years medical program in China. However, it is not mandatory. Students can choose to complete the internship in India and return to India after completion of 5 years program. Yet, most of the students prefer to do their internship in the very high quality infrastructure and amenities offered by the university.
- Hostel facilities are extended with state of the art amenities from electric appliances to dedicated study room, in separate campus for international students.