KIST Medical College is a reputed medical college in Nepal, located at Imadol, Lalitpur. It is established in the year 2006.
Over the past few years, KIST medical college gained immense reputation in Nepal as one of the best learning centers to study Medicine. The main objective of KIST medical college is to provide high quality education with the best curriculum at both national and international level. With highly qualified teaching professions, and international curriculum, the institution strives towards providing excellent healthcare education. The college has a hospital, which provides best health care services to the public.
On an attempt to educate the students, the college always thrives to provide world class education to the students, combined with morals, ethics and values, which make them socially responsible people.
Location of the KISTMC is a biggest advantage for the students. Tucked away from the typical crowd and pollution, the college is built in a peaceful environment, away from hassles of the city, with all facilities is ideal to study medicine in a tranquil location.
Tribhuvan International Airport is located at a distance of 6 kms.
According to the legend and historians, the location of the Academic block has been visited by the Emperor Ashoka. Manifestation of Ashoka Stupas shows his influence.
KISTMC is affiliated to the Institute of Medicine – IOM, Tribhuvan University for MBBS from the year 2008, for BDS from the year 2011.
KIST offers two medical courses.
MBBS is a five and a half year programme, a combination of four and a half year academic program and one year compulsory in-house training.
BDS is a four and a half year medical course, inclusive of one year compulsory rotational training cum internship program after qualifying in the BDS course.
Admission procedure to both the courses remains the same. The college enrolls the students based on the norms extended by the Institute of Medicine.
- Basic eligibility qualification to apply for MBBS or BDS in this college is a pass in class 12 examination, in 10 + 2 education system or any equivalent higher secondary examination from approved board of education.
- Major subject of study in higher secondary shall be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Minimum qualifying mark to apply for entrance examination is 50% in each major subject.
All eligible candidates must appear on the competitive entrance exam conducted by IOM, Tribhuvan University.
Students who secure a minimum of 50% in the entrance exam are eligible to get admission in the MBBS or BDS program offered by this college. The eligibility and admission procedure remains same for national (Nepalese) and international students.
Highlights of the Medical College
- There are exclusive lecture halls, seminar rooms and practical laboratories, developed and maintained as per Nepal Medical Council.
- The college has hospital with inpatient facility, with 300 beds equipped with state of the art facilities and infrastructure.
- Study language is English, which is comfortable for both national and international students. However, it is also essential for international students to learn local language to communicate with the patients.
- Admission procedure is simple and straight forward. Student selection to MBBS and BDS courses are made purely based on academic performance.
- International students are enrolled only based on merit.
- Scholarship is provided to the students recommended by Ministry of Nepal.
- Cost of medical program is very much affordable. It cost approximately about 27,00,000 in Indian Currency.
- Spacious class rooms, laboratories with state of the art facilities, well stocked libraries, hostel services with all amenities, sports and cultural etc