Manipal College of Medical Sciences also known as MCOMS is the prime medical college in Nepal. It is the first private medical College located at Pokhara and it was established in the year 1994. This college has a long many years back history, before the establishment of college a deed was signed between the- then His majesty’s Government of Nepal and Manipal education and medical Group for the foundation of medical institution.
Manipal College is affiliated to the Kathmandu University and in association with Manipal Teaching Hospital comprises 750 beds with all modern medical facilities vast knowledge and healthcare delivering system. It’s fantastic and superlative method of teaching attracts many national and international students for all corners of the world.
It offers an opportunity to 145-150 students every year to enroll themselves in this college for MBBS qualification. College comprise a majority of student from Nepal and Indian origins and other candidates belong to the countries like Canada, Srilanka, China, Bangladesh, USA (NRN), Etc. college Provide graduate and post graduate courses at affordable fees Structure.
|University/College name||Manipal College of Medical Sciences|
|Establishment||In the year 1994.|
|Course Duration||5+1 year mandatory for Internship|
|Course Fees Structure||58 lakhs|
|Accepted Examination||NEET Accepted|
|Basic eligibility criteria||10+2 education system|
|Medium of Instruction||English and Nepali|
|Affiliation||Form Kathmandu University|
|Nationality||Both National And International|
Manipal Medical College Courses and programs
Manipal Colleges of Medical and Sciences fees is very affordable and it offers many course and programs dominant to higher professional degrees. But Mostly students approach this college for MBBS Studies in Nepal.
It provides various courses in below mentioned departments;
- Post graduation
- BSC Nursing
College offers on hand practice training to the elective candidate came from America and other European Countries. MBBS Course contains Subjects of different faculties divided in seven semesters;
- Faculty of pathology
- Faculty of Anatomy
- Faculty of general medicine
- Faculty of Microbiology
- Faculty of Pharmacology
- Faculty of Physiology
- Faculty of Ophthalmology
- Faculty of forensic medicine
- Faculty of Community medicine
- Faculty of Surgery
- Faculty of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Faculty of Allied Sciences
Recognition and Accreditation
Manipal College has a good reputation in and outside the country; it has received accreditation for international medical agencies and achieved a remarkable growth in educational and medical industry. It has a big Alumni family spread around the world.
As we told you earlier college is affiliated to Kathmandu University and it was recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science, Nepal.
College Medical course and program are approved by Medical Council of India, Medical Council of Nepal and Medical Councils of Sri Lanka, etc.
Recognized by World Health Organization
It is also authorised by Foundation for Advancement of International Medical education and Research.
- College offers a multicultural environment because it has a number of national and international candidates belongs from different nation, culture region and ethnicity.
- College administration takes care of students and staff member development essentials.
- College intake at least 100 students annually and day by day it is increasing in view of global teaching standard and provide employment to many professionals.
- No donation money will be charged by the college it only take tuition and hostel fees.
- College offers Direct Admission to the international candidates without any Entrance Examination.
- College provide top class infrastructure, innovative technology, international exposure, Co-Curricular activities, Personality development programs, field visit, etc for overall development of students