MCI Screen Test
- The FMGE-Screening Test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.”
- The Examination is held twice a year at New Delhi .
- The test is conducted in English language.
- The exam consists of one paper.
- There will be 300 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) of single response type in the paper (Divided in two sittings of 150 questions each).
- There is NO negative marking.
- An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 50% of marks in the examination.
- Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed at the website and office of NBE. There is no provision for declaration of marks obtained or reevaluation / retotalling.
- The applicants who qualify the Screening Test may apply to the Medical Council of India, New Delhi or to any State Medical Council for provisional registration / permanent registration.
- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.