NEET PG 2021 Overview
The national Eligibility cum Entrance Examination Postgraduate, is a national entrance examination for postgraduate medical courses and programs. This examination grants admission in the best government and private medical colleges of the nation. Students who wish to pursue MD/MS courses or Diploma courses will have to qualify this examination.
NEET-PG is conducted by the National Board of Examinations. Whereas counselling and seats allotment is managed by DGHS. Now this year, NEET-PG entrance examination for postgraduate medical courses has been scheduled on 18th April 2021. Due to the novel pandemic, Coronavirus, this announcement is made by the National Medical Commission, an apex medical regulatory authority.
NMC states that because of incomplete training of interns, academic session 2021-2022 for postgraduate courses cannot be possible. As soon as they will complete their training, the academic year 2021-2022 will be held accordingly. NBE has postponed the NEET-PG earlier, now the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-PG 2021 will be held on 10th of January 2021.
NEET PG 2021 Exam date has been scheduled to be conducted on 11th Sept, 2021. .
This article contains required information about NEET-PG Registration, Application process, Deadlines, latest updates, Admit card, Results, Fees, and more. So that you will not miss any useful information regarding NEET-PG.
Important Dates (Exam date out)
|Application Dates||23rd Feb, 2021|
|Last Date of Application||15th March 2021|
|NEET PG Admit card||To be announced|
|NEET-PG Examination date||11th Sept, 2021|
|Answer keys||After Examination.|
|NEET-PG results||To be announced|
|NEET-PG counselling||To be announced|
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET-PG examination is an online examination conducted by NBE. It is organized to provide admission to the students holding bachelor degrees in medicine like MBBS. It is entirely in English language. So, in order to apply for this examination, there are certain requirements which must be fulfilled by the candidates.
- Candidates applying for NEET-PG must have MBBS or Provincial MBBS Pass certificate as per MCI. Additionally, they have registration certificates by the central or state medical council of India.
- Completing a one year internship is compulsory for all candidates.
- Those candidates who have qualified MBBS from any international universities should have FMGE pass certificate and have completed one year internship before 31st March 2021.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
NEET-PG 2021 examination is a computer based test. It is conducted online through the official website of the National Board of Examination. For writing NEET-PG, the first step is to fill the application form. Application forms are easily available on the official website. i.e., nbe.edu.in.
Application forms contain necessary details about candidates which are helpful for the examination organizing authority. It contains personal, academic information. Aspiring candidates can apply for NEET PG as soon as registration process will be started.
NEET PG 2021 Registration Process
Candidates can follow the step by step procedure for fresh registration of NEET- PG 2021.
- First of all, go to the official website of NBE to register themselves. There will be a link appears on the website, click on that link, it will redirect you to a new window. Over there, you have to fill details like name, date of birth, category, and mobile number, email ID, etc. After filling details click on the submit button.
- After submitting the above details you will get login ID or password on your registered mobile number. Now click on the login button and enter details provided to you.
- Third step is to go to the application form button and click it.
- There are three categories in application form named as personal details, qualification details and examination center details. Fill the application correctly and don’t leave any column. After filling click on Save and Next.
- Now it’s time to attach scanned copies of required documents. Now you have uploaded your image, thumb impression, Signature and other documents. At the same time you have to choose your test center as well.
- Finally, after filling and attaching documents, end the process by paying application form fees. Fees payment is the last option, you can pay it through any online medium of payment.
NEET PG 2021 Application Fees
Application fees of NEET PG Examination varies according to categories. Candidates can pay it through Debit/Credit or Net banking. After making payment don’t forget to take a printout.
|General and OBC||3750 INR.|
Documents required for NEET-PG 2021
- Bachelor Medical Certificate [MBBS].
- A valid email ID.
- A registered mobile number.
- Adhaar card, Voter ID, PAN card, Passport, etc.
- Scanned photographs
- Scanned Signature of Candidate
- MCI Registration Certificate.
- Proof of Rotatory Residential Internship.
NEET PG 2021 Correction Window
Everyone makes mistakes and to correct that mistake the National Board of Examinations provides one week time to the applicants to update or make corrections. Correction window will be opened after the registration process ends. Dates for correction will be notified by NBE on the official website. Candidates can change their Name, date of Birth, mobile number, etc but you cannot change your examination center.
NEET PG 2021 Examination Pattern
Exam pattern of NEET-PG is not complicated, exam paper comprises multiple choice questions in English language. Examination paper is divided into three parts. Exam pattern is given below;
- Mode of examination is computer based.
- It contains 300 MCQs Questions from different subjects.
- Examination duration is 03 hours and 30 minutes.
- For each correct answer 04 marks are provided and 01 mark is deducted for incorrect answers. For unattained questions no marks will be provided.
Distribution of Questions
- Forensic Medicine-10
- Social and Preventive Medicine-25
- General Medicine including orthopedics, Anesthesia, and Radio Diagnosis-45
- General Medicine including Dermatology, Venereology, and Psychiatry-45
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-30
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus of NEET PG is basically the subjects covered in primary degree programs. As the question paper is divided into three sections, thus the syllabus of NEET PG exam includes questions from Pre-medical, paramedical and clinical subjects. Students have to go through all the topics covered in bachelor’s education to perform well on exams.
- Preventive and Social Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
Admit cards of Eligible candidates will be released on the official website by NBE. Admit card is also called a Hall ticket. It is very necessary for all candidates to take your admit card at the examination center. Candidates who are successfully applied for NEET PG are eligible and access their admit cards by visiting the official website. To download the admit card of NEET PG you have to enter your login credentials.
After downloading admit card candidates have to paste their passport size photographs on your admit card. Dates to download your admit card will be notified via email. Admit cards contain details like name of candidate, roll number, date of Birth, exam date, center, time, etc.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Go to the official website of NBE.
- Click on the applicant login button.
- After clicking, a new window will appear on the screen, over there you have to enter log-in details such as User ID and Password.
- After entering details your admit card will appear on the screen.
- Now click on the Download button and take print out.
NEET-PG Selection Process
Selection process of NEET-PG is transparent. Through NEET-PG, postgraduate medical seats in various government and private medical institutes are allotted to the most eligible candidates. Candidates are selected on the basis of scores and examination performance are major factors to be considered. Minimum scores required to secure a seat is 50 percentile for general category candidates.
Scores of candidates are useful for filling two types of seats, 50 percent All India Quota Seats at central level and rest of 50 percent seats at state level.
NEET PG 2021 Results
NEET PG Results will be announced on the official website. Results will be released in PDF format. Candidates who have appeared in the examination can download their results by login their details on the website of NBE.
NEET PG Cut-off Marks
After conducting the examination successfully, NBE will release cut-off marks for the current year. In order to qualify NEET PG or secure a seat in the best college, candidates have to score either equal to or more than that requirement. Candidates who have obtained that percentile are actually qualified. However, Cut-off marks for NEET-PG is mentioned below;
|General||50 percentile and 275 marks.|
|SC/ST/OBC||40 percentile and 230 marks.|
|UR PWD||45 percentile and 252 marks.|
|SC/ST/OBC/PWD||40 percentile and 230 marks.|
NEET PG 2021 Online Counselling
Admission on MD/ MS or DNB Courses are provided through NEET-PG counselling after NBE announced the results. NEET-PG Counselling conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee. Candidates have to register themselves with MCC to participate in online counselling. First round of counselling is conducted after the announcement of results.
However seats are allotted on the basis of total number of seats, availability of seats, number of candidates and performance. Only 50 percent All India Quota Seats are filled by NEET PG counselling.
Useful Tips for Candidates
- Candidates have to keep their admit card in the examination center.
- Reach the testing center 30 minutes before the prescribed time.
- Follow the instructions that are given by the invigilator.
- Don’t carry any restricted things or devices with you.
- Attempt all the questions and in case of any doubts move to the next question.
- Give equal time to each section.
- Practice mock test papers before examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many attempts are in NEET PG 21?
Candidates can apply as many times as they want.
Can NEET PG 2021 be postponed?
NEET PG 2021 examination date has been postponed by NBE and now scheduled for 10 January 2021.
Does MBBS marks matter in NEET PG?
No, your MBBS marks do not matter in NEET PG ranking.
Is 60 percent a good grade?
Getting more than 50 percent at university level is great. It shows that you have performed well and have deep knowledge in your subjects.