MBBS in China is a good option for students who are willing to study MBBS abroad. Nowadays, there are a lot of medical aspirants who are getting attracted towards the Chinese Medical Universities. As per New Gazette NMC 2021, all Chinese 45 MBBS English teaching Universities are fulfilling by the NMC Gazette criteria. All Medical Universities affiliated to Ministry of Education, The People Republic Of China .The official web site is www.en.moe.gov.cn. Students from different nations, religions, caste, colour culture no matter where they belong to, they want to study MBBS in China. China has noticed a rapid increment in international students for MBBS programs in Chinese higher educational institutions.
In the last two years, more than 10,000 students from different parts of the world have departed to China for the MBBS program. Most of the students are from Asian and pacific countries such as India, Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan, Nepal, Africa, Afghanistan, etc. As we all know, China is the second biggest land territory in the world. However, it is also one of the world’s largest economies with high-technology and advanced infrastructure.
To fulfil your dreams and becoming a successful Doctor is now possible with World class China Medical Universities. China is the most preferred place to study MBBS (Clinical Medicine) for International students. Studying MBBS from my home , town is quite difficult due to various unfavourable factors including high fees structure and rigid admission procedure.
China offers Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Program at very affordable cost and provides a number of opportunities to become a successful Doctor. At present China is the primary choice of medical aspirants due to qualitative medicine curriculum, latest study infrastructure, rich culture and vast experience in traditional world class infrastructure and western medicine.
MBBS from China is the most sought after course with minimal efforts. Medium of study is completely in English language for International students. China has top-notch and highly standardize universities to provide outstanding educational experience and integrated skills. In addition, MBBS from China is approved by WHO, National Medical Commission or previously known as Medical Council of India and many others.
However, the wide acceptance of the medical degree provided by China, economical fees structure, world recognition, advance study material and latest technology made Chinese universities a superior destination except other countries.
MBBS in China: Quick Overview
MBBS ( Clinical Medicine )
Academic 4.9 Year +1 Year Internship
Rs.2,20,500 to Rs.7,87,500 per yearCheck fee structure
|Upto 50,000 RMB|
No. of Approved Universities
Total Number of international students Per Year
MBBS is a popular course among Indians and out of five each second students want to become a Doctor. However, it is not possible in India and that’s why a large group of students are migrating to foreign countries and China is the best destination. There are so many universities in China. However, all of them are not NMC/MCI approved.
In order to practice in India you have to take admission in NMC approved Medical University. There are 45 NMC approved medical universities in China. These universities are providing world’s finest medical facilities and rich quality study contents for excellent education and enriched clinical skills. Chinese Medical Universities are directly run by the Ministry of Education, China.
MBBS in China is proven mandarin which pave the path to easily converse with the local patients. In china all international students are treated as normal or local students thus, students get fair opportunities and equal treatment likewise Chinese. China Clinical Medicine course is equivalent to MBBS and is also recognized by a re-known international body UNESCO & WHO. Additionally, Chinese universities also take care of proper lodging and food facilities to add home-like treatment.
On campus living facilities are available in almost every institution. However some universities also offer separate hostel buildings with private rooms and bathrooms. Libraries are enriched with latest published contents in the form of magazines, journals, books, etc. All together medicine from China is a worthy decision and full of opportunities to add wings to your dream job.
MBBS in China Fees Structure 2022
|University||Tuition Fee||Accommodation Fee||Scholarship|
|Yangzhou University||33000 RMB|
|China Medical University||41000 RMB|
|Nanjing Medical University||30000 RMB|
|Xi’an Jiaotong University||40000 RMB|
|Xinjiang Medical University||29800 RMB|
|Wuhan University||30000 RMB|
|Dalian Medical University||41000 RMB|
|Wenzhou Medical University||30000 RMB|
|Nanjing Medical University||34000 RMB|
|Zhejiang University||42800 RMB|
|Southeast University||32800 RMB|
|Qiqihar Medical University||22000 RMB|
|Jilin Medical University||29000 RMB|
|Ningxia Medical University||29800 RMB|
|Anhui Medical University||40000 RMB|
|Chongqing Medical University||42800 RMB|
|Capital Medical University||50000 RMB|
|Tianjin Medical University||41000 RMB|
|Shandong University||45000 RMB|
|Hebei Medical University||32800 RMB|
|Fudan University||75000 RMB|
|Southern Medical University||33000 RMB|
|Jinan University||34000 RMB|
|Guangxi Medical University||35000 RMB|
|Sichuan University||45000 RMB|
|Harbin Medical University||30000 RMB|
|Beihua University||21000 RMB|
|Jinzhou Medical University||32000 RMB|
|Qingdao University||30000 RMB|
|Tongji University||45000 RMB|
|Shihezi University||45000 RMB|
|Nantong University||28000 RMB|
|Suzhou University||31000 RMB|
|Ningbo University||28000 RMB|
|Fujian Medical University||35000 RMB|
|Xuzhou Medical College||32000 RMB|
|China Three Georges University||24000 RMB|
|Zhengzhou University||35000 RMB|
|Guangzhou Medical University||30000 RMB|
|Sun Yat Sen University||48000 RMB|
Why to study MBBS in China
Let’s discuss the factors encouraging students to pursue medicine course from China;
- A very important factor is that China is the fastest developing country in the world and one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Thus, it is the global leader in many sectors including Science & Technology and Medical as well.
- All Reviews on the internet and showing positive attitude towards Chinese medical universities.
- Eligibility criteria set by Chinese universities are very simple and can be easily satisfied by students to get admission.
- To take admission in MBBS course, international students are not required to clear any entrance examination. Chinese Universities offer direct admission to the students.
- Medium of teaching is English language in Chinese universities.
- Pursuing medicine from China is a cost effective way of doing a high professional course.
- To support financially, most of Chinese universities offer Scholarship programs to students.
- Globally accepted MD degrees awarded by Chinese institutions are recognized by MCI and other medical authorized bodies.
- Due to advanced learning facilities and international standards of education, China set a benchmark for high qualitative education in the world.
- Chinese Universities are well-equipped in terms of laboratories, infrastructure, having spacious classrooms, digital way of teaching, favorable academic atmosphere, state of art hostel building and healthy & devoting environment.
- There are separate hostels for both girls and boys. There is a common kitchen, laundry, study room, fax machine and other necessary things are available.
- These universities are top notch medical universities of China.
- Many approved universities are located in cosmopolitan provinces; it is the place of many peoples from different parts of the world. So, due to world exposure and wide contacts, China generates various employment opportunities for students.
- Safety and security of international students is the first priority of China. On the other hand, China is a women dominated and therefore, it is also safe for girls as well.
- Due to sponsored Scholarship and highly subsidized fees structure, annual fees of Chinese universities range around 1.5 lacs. Therefore, it is also budget friendly.
MBBS in China for Indian students
Pursuing Bachelor of medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a dream of many Indian students and their parents. However, it cannot be fulfilled because of many reasons but thanks to Chinese medical universities putting efforts to educate a large population consistently.
Since all medical universities are regulated by the Chinese government, it ensures to maintain quality education and provide scholarships and research budgets to each university. Chinese government is actually spending a lot of money in the field of education and the medical sector. Even without a scholarship, MBBS in China is affordable and economical.
Being the nearest neighbouring country, China offers tremendous opportunities and facilities to Indian students. They provide direct admission in their top ranked universities and that too at very low cost.
Since 2008 the criterion of admitting Indian students has been changed. From 2008 onwards students have to score at least 60% marks as per the Chinese medical colleges.
To add on, since, 2017-2018 Medical Council of India has declared that it is compulsory for all those who want to pursue MBBS from China or any other foreign nation has to qualify National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) national level common entrance Examination conducted by NTA. It is compulsory for all Indian students to clear NEET after 10+2. Unless you don’t qualify the examination you are not eligible to apply for a Medicine course in China.
Advantages of Studying in China
- There are 45 MCI approved universities in China.
- No donation cost for admission.
- Direct admission without entrance examination and less paper works
- Due to a wide variety of universities, students can choose their best suitable university across china according to your eligibility, course type, budget, etc.
- Students are provided by ample opportunities, world class training centers and high quality education.
- After completing MBBS successfully, Indian students can practice in India after internship.
- Medical faculties of these universities are approved by the Directory of World medical Schools by WHO.
- Students can go for higher studies or can attend screening tests like USMLE, MCI, PMDC, SCHS, HPCSA, PLAB, etc. in order to practice.
- Fees structure is quite low as compared to the other developed countries.
- Apart from studying cost, living and food cost is also relatively cheap.
- Minimum Living expenses in China could cost around 5000-7000 per month.
- Weather of China is almost similar to Indian weather conditions, having dry summers and wet monsoons. Weather changes from one region to another. So, it feels like home.
- China has the world largest population and this high rate of population directly benefited medical students. Due to the large population visiting hospitals, students get full exposure on how to deal with patients and how to provide medical treatment.
MBBS Course Duration
MBBS is a long duration professional course. It is the best course for all those students who want to establish their career in the medical field.
- Generally, the duration of MBBS in China is 6 years but some universities cover this course in 5 years.
- It is divided into two parts; Classroom studies and practical training or internship.
- First five years are devoted to classroom studies or theoretical studies. It covers the basic and pre-clinical sessions.
- Practical training is also delivered alongside. It’s time to apply theory and practice on a real time basis. It also provides hand experience. During Practical training students learn through observation, handling surgeries as junior attendant, operations cases, etc.
- Students who have done their Internship in China do not need to do an internship in India.
- Internship from China is valid in India. Needless to say, the MCI screening test is compulsory.
- Indian students have to do Internship after completing first five years successfully. They can do their internship either in China or India.
MBBS in China Eligibility Criteria for Indian students
|Nationality||Applicants should be an Indian Students.|
|Age of Candidate||Applicants should not be less than 17 years and maximum 25 years as on 31st December of Admission year.|
|Qualification||Students must have completed 10+2 education and have scored at least 60% marks for General and OBC and 40% for reserved in Physics Chemistry, Biology and English as a main subject.|
|NEET examination||Yes it is compulsory, Students must have qualified NEET with minimum 60% scores.|
|Other documents||Students must have all certificates and relevant documents.|
*Note: Some high reputed universities may ask for more than 60% in higher secondary education.
Admission Procedure 2022
Students seeking admission in china can easily get admission in Chinese universities. It doesn’t require any entrance examination. Admission procedure in China is a transparent and systematic process. It requires less paper work thus it is a hassle-free procedure.
- In order to get admission in China, the first step is to be eligible for admission. Only eligible candidates are able to get admission.
- Second step is counselling, after successful registration there is a counselling session, after clearing this session eligible students will be provided with an Invitation Letter.
- Third Step is that after getting an invitation letter, students can apply for a student’s Visa.
- Fourth step is to submit Xerox copies of documents including Invitation Letter to the Chinese Embassy to get students travelling visas.
- After this students have to pay the first year tuition fees of University.
- After paying first year tuition fees, you are ready to fly toward China to fulfil your dreams.
Important dates to be remember
- Admission procedure in China will start from the very beginning of September or October every year.
- Admission procedure will be closed by the end of June possibly.
- Make a list of colleges or Universities you want to take admission and schedule it properly. As different universities offer different numbers of seats and their enrolment process can be differ.
- Admission procedure and verification process will take four to five years. So, in this case early applicants are suggested and to increase the chances of final admission.
- Application process is very simple and quick.
- Aspiring students can directly apply to your favorite university by visiting the official website of university.
- After opening the website, Login to the site and go to the registration option.
- Fill the details very carefully and attach a scanned copy of required documents. Fill authentic and correct details to avoid any disqualification.
- After filling all details finally submit the form. Eligible students will receive a call or mail or your registered ID for next Procedure.
Documents required in China
- 10th and 12th Certificate + Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate in English
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- Minimum 20 passport size Photographs
- Authorized artefacts as approved by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Official Invitation letter by the respective Medical University.
- Legalization of all documents by the Chinese Embassy.
- Visa fees payment slip.
- University 1st year Tuition fee payment bank slip.
- HIV Test Reports by an authorized Doctor or hospital.
- NEET Scorecard.
- Other certificates such as No criminal record, Medical certificate, address or nationality proof, etc.
Study MBBS in China at Scholarship
Scholarship is an impressive way to encourage and add financial strength. Chinese Universities offer various kinds of Scholarship depending upon your course and academic performance. Some of scholarship are sponsored by the Chinese government;
- Chinese government Scholarships.
- Chinese Local Government Scholarships.
- University scholarships.
- Confucius Institute Scholarships.
Important facts about China
- China is an Asian country. It has a rich culture, tradition and lifestyle.
- Due to high GDP living and studying in China is comparatively less expensive. Indian students can easily adapt the lifestyle of China and enjoy Chinese culture and tradition. Chinese people are very warm, warm and welcoming in nature.
- China has a mixed culture, it enjoys various types of culture altogether.
- Due to the presence of people from different nations, you can find several types of cultural events traditional or ancient practice in China.
Food and living facilities
- China has a mixed culture and a country of cuisine lovers.
- Students can find a wide variety of delicious food and cuisines. Tasty food is available at minimal cost.
- China is the home of many people, it offers shelter to everyone and respects their guests. So you can easily get rental rooms, family accommodation in China. However, staying in hostel rooms is the primary choice of students.
- You can easily afford a low cost meal in just 4—6 Dollars.
Safety and security
- China is one of the safest places for international students.
- Safety and security of every locale or international is ensured by the government of China.
- China is technologically advanced country and due to high tech securities services and 24*7active cops crime rate in China is very low.
- There is a CCTV camera everywhere in public places including educational institutions as well.
- China experiences varied climatic conditions from region to region.
- Due to its huge size, Chinese climate is very dry and hot in summers however winters are very cold to freezing. In short, it has a mixed climate. China experiences a temperate climate and varied landforms.
Education in China
- High quality of education ensured by the government of China.
- There are 45 universities approved by MCI to do MBBS in China and these universities affiliated universities in China. It maintains a perfect study environment and promotes medical education in the nation and outside the country.
- It has several full time Medical institutions and admits hundreds of students every year.
- Every year thousands of international graduates from Chinese Universities are working in different fields of medicine.
- Chinese education system is highly appreciated in the world.
MBBS in China FAQs
What is the duration of MBBS in China?
Course Duration of MBBS in China is 6 years. It includes 1 year for compulsory Internship.
What is the cost of MBBS in China?
Generally, MBBS in China could cost around 3 to 4 lakhs per annum.
Is it possible to study MBBS in China without NEET?
The answer is NO. It is mandatory to qualify NEET-UG to study in foreign medical universities.
Which country MBBS is best?
There are several countries providing MBBS programs and China is one of the best countries for MBBS.
Is MBBS in China a good option?
Reviews on MBBS in China produce positive outlook. Due to easy admission procedure, affordable fees, and high-quality education MBBS in China is good.
Is Chinese MBBS valid in India?
NMC has approved many of Chinese universities and pursuing MBBS from approved universities is valid.
What is scope after pursuing MBBS from China for Indian students?
MBBS degrees awarded by the Chinese universities are worldwide accepted. Thus, there is a lot of scope after studying medicine from China. One can enroll master degree program for future education or do practice as a physician.