Study MBB in China: Know Eligibility, Fees Structure and Admission Updates 2020
|Offered Degree||MD in China (Equivalent to MBBS in India)|
|Course Duration||5 to 6 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||NEET qualified|
|Tuition Fees||21,000 RMB/Year to 75,000 RMB/Year|
|Scholarship||Upto 50,000 RMB|
|No. of Approved Universities||45 Universities|
|Teaching Medium||Chinese & English|
|Total Number of international students||3370 Approx.|
We understand the pain that every medical aspirant undergoes to get MBBS admission. MBBS in China and other countries has become an easier option than getting admission in Indian Medical Colleges. The common medical entrance exams recently announced by the Indian Medical Council and the Government made it difficult for the students to secure admission in MBBS.
An average of 3% to 5% students gets admission in the government medical colleges through the common medical entrance exams. The remaining percentage of students looks for admission in private medical colleges or seeks for MBBS in abroad destinations. Those who can afford the high MBBS fee charged by the private medical institutions join MBBS in India. Others, who cannot afford the exorbitant fee, resort to other countries like China, Russia or Georgia.
Students who realize it is difficult to pass the entrance exam or did not qualify in the entrance exam or did not get admission due to high competition, make up their mind to study MBBS in other countries. In addition, high cost of MBBS in India is another reason students prefer to study in China.
Among the study abroad destinations for MBBS, China remains the primary choice. MBBS in China reviews gives a positive outlook. The medical degree of Chines medical universities are approved by the Medical Council of India. It is one of the best countries to study MBBS abroad. Also, the fees structure in this country is very much affordable
List of MCI Approved Medical Universities in China
Reasons Indian Students Choose to Study MBBS in China
- Students may get admission in Chinese medical universities with minimum qualifying marks.
- No entrance test or other qualifying examination to select the candidates.
- The fee charged by the universities/colleges is low and very much affordable than other countries world-wide.
- Fee starts from 2.5 lacs in most of the China Medical Universities.
- There are plenty of MCI approved universities students can choose to study in China.
- MBBS in China reviews shows 95 % positive aspect, which makes China the most preferred destination to study the medical programs.
- Studying MBBS in China is very easy, the process is quite simple and systematic.
- Degree from universities are accepted globally, only country level test may be applicable as FMGE in India.
- The medium of teaching is English for International students. So don’t worry about Chinese language.
- After completion of course, students can pass the MCI screening test and start practicing in India without any hassles.
- Many Government Universities in China promote international education to enhance the quality of medical education. It has an international exchange and cooperation program meant to collaborate towards international study relationships. It works with scientific research institutions, medical universities, and medical schools in Britain, United States of America, Australia, Germany, Japan, and France.
- Spacious classrooms, well-equipped labs, library, are built with state of the art facilities to enable healthy study environment to the students.
- Secured hostel facilities with the comfy environment are provided to the students. Most of the universities provide separate hostel facilities with the best infrastructure for the international students.
MBBS in China Reviews
When you check the MBBS in China reviews, you can see a huge list of medical colleges in China offering MBBS course. However, MCI does not provide approval for all the medical universities, colleges, and institute. The Medical Council of India provided approval for 45 Universities in China to study medicine. Other medical organisations like WHO also approve the medical courses offered by many universities in China. Doing an international degree has more advantages and gives more exposure to the students. MCI recognition is essential to start practice in India, after course completion.
Reviews throw all positive lights on quality of education. The medical institutes are regulated by the Education Ministry of China. WHO and MCI accredits the courses regulated by the Chinese Education Ministry. The education department strives to provide and maintain a high quality of medical education and all facilities to the international students.
MBBS in China 2020
Every year the Medical Council of India issues the list of approved universities and colleges to study MBBS in China for Indian students. China has already become the favorite study abroad destination for Indian students. Let us see an overview-
- Each university in China allocates a specific number of seats for international students. There are different number of seats approved by MCI in each university.
- All admissions are made only on first come first serve basis. Admission is purely based on merit, early application and eligibility. So, for Indian students 2019 got easy admission with minimum qualifying marks, quick application, and meeting the basic requirements.
- Some students failed to seek admission for MBBS in China 2019. The major reason shall be lack of planning or delay in preparing for the documents. Before you apply to study China, make sure to get all the documents ready.
- MBBS in China for Indian students 2020-21 has a positive flow from application to admission. Yet, timing became the major element where a few students struggled to get admission.
- Different universities have different timeline and deadline for application to admission.
MBBS in China Eligibility
Eligibility to join medicine degree in China is very simple and straightforward. MBBS in China for Indian students’ eligibility also remains the same. However, the minimum aggregate marks that qualifies for application varies with few universities.
- Eligibility criteria for MBBS applicants are passing in the higher school education in the 10+2 pattern. The minimum score is 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The applicant should be a non-china nationality and abide by the laws (in the international quota)
- Age shall be minimum 17 years and maximum shall be 26 years
- Candidate must be NEET-UG Qualified.
- Students must provide all the certificates to authenticate their qualification when they send application for admission. It includes mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc.
There are a few highly reputed universities in China that requires about 75% marks scored in the higher secondary examination. Candidates are shortlisted based on the marks and early receipt of application.
Marks required for MD in China is average. There is no need to score high percentage in the school examination to get admission. Checkout complete eligibility criteria as per university level.
All applicants must submit the academic documents. It includes
- Mark sheets of class 10
- Mark sheets of class 12
- School transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate and
- School leaving certificate.
- Passport copy
- NEET-UG result
- Passport size photograph
In addition, there are few additional documents that applicant should send to process the admission. It includes, NO Criminal Record certificate and Medical Checkup Certificates. It is mandated by China MBBS Education Institution.
These two documents were mandatory for Indian students to submit when they apply for 30 day student visa in the Chinese Embassy. However, these documents are mandatory now to be attached along with the application forms when you apply for to any Medical University in China.
MBBS in China Duration
MBBS in China is a six years course, divided into two parts, classroom education and internship training for one year.
Indian students who study in China, has more advantages over other international students. Indian students do internship for one year after completion of the 5 year medical degree. After completion of the 5 years course and one year internship, there is no need for Indian students to do internship in India. Internship in China is valid in India, while internship in other countries doesn’t have validity in India. A few approved universities doesn’t need the students to undergo one year internship training. Students also have the option to skip internship in China and do the same in India. MCI screening test is necessary.
MBBS in China Fees Structure and Scholarship
- In most cases, the academic year begin from the month of September or October.
- The application shall be closed by the end of June every year.
- It will take three to five weeks to process the documents. So, when you apply study in China immediately after the announcement of admission, you will have sufficient time to stay prepared.
- Get the list of university you wish to join and mark the timeline for admission. Each university enrol different number of students every year.
- MBBS in China 2020 is like to come with the same scenario. The rules and regulations as well as the admission process, also remains the same.
Know About Culture, Living, Foods, Language while studying MBBS in China
Here is a summary of MBBS in China reviews, meant for Indian students.
Eligibility and admission is Easy
For Indian students eligibility is simple, where most of the students who apply for the course gets admission. Candidates must qualify minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by Medical Council of India and particular university.
Number of MCI approved universities
As stated above, the Medical Council of India approves 45 universities to study MBBS in China for Indian students. It gives more choice to choose the university according to the location, budget and other requirements. It is an advantage for medical aspirants to choose the best. Team UCSWorld helps you to select the best university for you.
China, being a vast country has different climate conditions. Students can find the university according to the climate of the specific region as they fit in.
Indian students can easily adapt to the culture of the country. China is one of the countries that carry the rich tradition, heritage and ancient practices. It is easy for an Indian student to set bind into Chinese lifestyle and practices.
Students live in a multicultural environment, which makes living easy in a foreign land. Highly civilised country doesn’t make a mess for the foreign students to make a living.
China has the fastest growing economy in the whole world. So, it is easy for the students to get employed in China itself. It is an additional career option available for Indian students to pursue a career in medical field in China itself. The degree from Chinese universities is valid and accepted globally.
Safety and security
China makes one of the safest countries for the Indian students and provides utmost security. Every year lots of students choose China as their study destination that also proves the safety and security.
Language is not a barrier, although mandarin is the major language of communication. All international students who study medicine in China should study Chinese during the first year. It serves dual purpose.
- Students can easily communicate with the patients during the training
- It makes communication outside the campus and hostel easy. Students can really enjoy and explore the culture.
Not to miss the interesting flavors of unique Chinese cuisine. Food cost is very low in china, for both Chinese and international cuisine. College and university campus provides low cost, quality food to the students. For average mid-range restaurants and hotels, it costs from 4 to 8 USD.
Chinese government provides the scholarships to the International students. Indian students can get the scholarships based on academic performance. Some of the scholarships include:
- CGS: Chinese Government Scholarship;
- US: University Scholarships;
- CIS: Confucius Institute Scholarship;
- CLGS: Chinese Local Government Scholarship
Cost of education and living
MBBS in China fees is low structure, easily affordable. Not only cost of education for Indian students is affordable but also the lifestyle. Cost of living in China is very reasonable. When compared with most of the European countries, China is the less expensive. Food, travel and living cost is easily affordable for a decent living.
Consult us today to get admission in the best medical university in China. Our expert counsellor will assist you to choose the best university in your budget. We are on top while you are looking for MBBS in China agents in India.
MBBS in China FAQs
Q1. What is the medium teaching in medical education in China?
Ans. Most of the universities have English medium of teaching which is great for international students.
Q2. How long it takes to get student visa from China?
Ans. It does not take much time to obtain student visa in China, generally it takes 4-7 days and maximum 15 days.
Q3. Is MBBS degree from China valid in India?
Ans. MCI has approved more than 45 universities to study medicine. MBBS degree from these Chinese medical universities is valid in India after passing MCI-screening test. The FMGE test is conducted twice a year by National Board of Education under MCI.
Q4. What is the duration of MBBS program in China?
There are 5 & 6 years medicine program but majority of the universities offers 5 years degree.
Q.5 Is NEET compulsory for MBBS in China?
Ans. Yes, NEET is national level medical entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency. As per MCI regular NEET is mandatory to study in Chinese Medical Colleges/universities.
Q.6 Is there any scholar facility for the students?
Ans. We have given MCI approved China medical colleges list, above. You can see all the majority universities are offering Scholarship program for international students.
Q7. What should be the NEET score to get admission in Chinese Universities?
Ans. Generally NEET score 200 to 300 is enough to get admission in China while some of the universities admit students only with NEET qualifying marks.
Q8. What is the scope after MBBS in China?
The medicine degree from china has worldwide recognition. After studying medicine from China, students have options. He/she may practice in India after MCI-screening or do PG from abroad like Germany and USA.