When it comes to study abroad destinations for MBBS, Indian students has a few countries in the list. MBBS in Philippines is one of the preferred destinations of Indian students. Similar to studying MBBS in China or European Countries, the Medical Council of India provides approval for many medical colleges and universities. Here is the brief outlook on studying medicine in Philippines.
MBBS in Philippines: An Overview
|Offered Degree||MD (Equivalent to MBBS)|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% in PCB and NEET-UG qualified|
|IELTS & TOEFL||Not Applicable|
|Total fees||16 Lakh to 26 Lakh|
|Course Duration||5+1 (Internship)|
|Teaching Instruction||English Language|
|Universities Recognition||MCI, WHO, ECFMG & WFME|
|Last Date to apply||July, 2020|
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines
The medical universities are approved by the World Health Organization. In addition, these are also listed and approved in the list of IMED and ECFMG medical education directories. It provides student an internationally recognized medical program. Also, students are eligible to appear in the international medical exams, namely USMLE.
When you check MBBS in Philippines review, you can see that about 8000 foreign students are admitted in MBBS every year. The standard of education by these medical universities in Philippines is on par with global standards. Every year, thousands of doctors move to different countries for higher education and practice.
Check out the MBBS in Philippines quora comments or MBBS in Philippines review, where climate is most favourable for the Indian students. The climate in Philippines is very similar to Indian climate. So, it is easy for the Indian students to adapt to the environment in a foreign country. Philippines MBBS syllabus covers all aspects covered in a MBBS degree offered across the globe.
The education system followed by Philippines medical universities is not similar to the ones followed by China or European countries. Philippines MBBS is similar to US education system. Eventually, students who study MBBS in Philippines have an edge over others for great career opportunities in countries like USA, Canada, UK etc.
- English speaking country, communications easy. Language of coaching is English
- No donation or capitation fee
- MCI approved medical colleges and universities
- Internationally acclaimed degree
- High quality education
- Safe environment and no threat for international students
- Affordable fee
- Living cost is extremely low
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines
- Are there any disadvantages of studying medicine in Philippines seen? There is only one disadvantage to the MBBS course. Students don’t get directly enrolled in MBBS program, which is offered as MD in Philippines. They have undergoes 1.5 to 2 years BS course and pass a National Entrance Test.
- There is a common misconception revolves around studying medicine in Philippines duration, eligibility. The country follows US education system. However, there is no need for USMLE qualification to join MBBS.
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility
The minimum qualifying marks that makes a candidate eligible is 60% aggregate in the higher secondary stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects.
Generally the last date for application to MBBS admission in Philippines closes by end of June or mid of July. MBBS in Philippines 2018 admission deadline was mentioned as 15th July. The process of admission is very simple. Submit the application before the time limit and wait for approval. The admission is provided on first come first serve basis.
- Eligibility criteria includes pass in the school education in 10+2 pattern, with minimum score of 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in each of the main subjects, PCB respectively.
- Students shall provide all certificates that authenticate their qualification while sending application for admission. It includes mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc.
- Proof of paying capacity.
- Medical examination certificate
- Must be NEET-UG qualified
MBBS/MD Course Duration in Philippines
- MBBS in Philippines is different from other countries. It is offered as BS-MD course.
- MD is not to be mistaken as a post graduate degree. MD in Philippines is nothing but MBBS course. It offers the bachelor degree in medicine, recognized as the bachelor degree across the globe.
- MBBS in Philippines is divided into three parts, BS, MD and Internship. MBBS duration is 6 years.
- BS is the prime medical course, can be called a foundation course. This course has four semesters and students can complete the course in 1.5 to 2 years. After completion of course, students shall appear in the NMAT Philippines test.
- National Medical Admission Test is the common admission test to MD, conducted by all medical schools, colleges and universities in Philippines. It is compulsory for the students to pass the NMAT to advance to 4 years MD Course. If the students fail the test, they have to reappear and pass.
- The above mentioned is the common rule of MBBS in Philippines eligibility. Students can directly join MD course in Philippines, which is MBBS in other countries if they have a Bachelor of Science degree.
- After complete of these courses, students shall be appointed as internship in the local hospitals, clinics and healthcare centers.
Top MCI Approved Medical Universities in Philippines
|1||AMA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, MAKAT, METRO MANILA||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|2||CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY||Tuguegarao, Cagayan, Philippines|
|3||CEBU DOCTOR’S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY||Cebu, Philippines|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP, MANILA||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|5||DE LA SALLE HEALTH SCIENCES INSTITUTE, CAVITE||Cavite, Philippines|
|6||MANILA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|7||PANGASINAN STATE UNIVERSITY||Pangasinan, Philippines|
|8||OUR LADY OF FATIMA UNIVERSITY||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|9||SOUTH WESTERN UNIVERSITY||Cebu City, Philippines|
MBBS in Philippines fees 2020
MBBS in Philippines 2020 fees starts from 15 lakhs. Here is the list of top medical colleges and fee structure.
- Our Lady of Fatima University – 25,41000 INR
- AMA School of Medicine – 15,62000 INR
- The University of Perpetual Help – 18,12,500 INR
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine – 19 lakhs
Ranking of Medical Universities in Philippines
When you enquire for MBBS in Philippines quora, many students expressed their interest to study medicine in philippics for various reasons. Some of the foreign countries that offer MBBS for international students necessitate study of foreign language (language of the home country) as one of the prime subjects. It is mandatory to interact with the students, patients and of course with the people. For instance, China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan etc are the few countries that enroll Indian Students for MBBS. In many universities, studying the local language is mandated. However, Philippines is the English speaking country.
More than 90% population speaks fluently in English. So, there is no necessity for the students to study foreign language as part of academic program. Besides, Indian students don’t feel discomfort in communication, since locals speak English. This is one of the major reasons that many Indian students prefer to study in Philippines.
Aspirants here while pursuing degree in Philippines, can ingress quality education which provides them an opportunity to grow from end to end and to become competent professional in the field of medical.
We would recommend the aspirants to pursue MBBS in Philippines. Becoming a Doctor is a privilege and requires dedication and hard work. It is not an ABC thing. So, good luck to all the deserving aspirants. Contact us at 7533005179 and get MBBS admission in Philippines through us.