Nowadays, China has become the top destination for Sri Lanka students to pursue MBBS in China. Sri Lankan students consider Chinese Medical universities for MBBS program due to their extensive course curriculum, clinical exposure, clinical training, lifelong learning, easy admission procedure, etc. Chinese Universities provide opportunity to study medicine as per international standard. Chinese institutions are favorite institutions in Asia to study MBBS program.
Chinese universities offer wide range of programs or courses in different disciplines of health science. MBBS in China for Sri Lanka students is the best affordable option. Chinese universities provide cost effective programs to the international students. Moreover, the universities are also recognized by number of leading authorities and medical councils of various countries. MBBS done in China is approved by SLMC (Sri Lanka Medical Council).
MBBS Programs Highlights
|Degree offered||MD Degree (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Course Duration||Six years including one year internship|
|Eligibility criteria of MBBS program||Minimum higher secondary qualification with 60% marks.|
|Any specific Examination||No|
|Internship||One year internship is mandatory|
|Medium of MBBS||English medium for International students|
|Top universities.||Wuhan university, China Medical university, Jilin University, Zhejiang University, etc.|
|Approved by||Chinese universities are approved by WHO, IMED, SLMC, NMC, Nepal Medical Council, Ministry of Education, Government of China and others.|
Advantages of MBBS in China for Sri Lanka Students
Chinese universities are top ranked universities in Asia and in the world.
- Majority of universities are accredited by Government of China.
- Students completed their MBBS from china can appear PLAB, FMGE, USMLE, SCHC, PMDC and other licensing examination or different countries.
- Universities offer well furnished hostel rooms for accommodation and delicious food in their canteen or mess.
- You will get a world recognized MD degree after completing MBBS in China.
- The cost of MBBS programs is cheaper than other countries.
- Admission procedure is effortless.
- Universities focus on comfort and development of students and that’ why they comfortable and dedicated environment in their campuses.
- For international students, MBBS is available in English medium.
- Cost of living is also economical in China.
- You will get ample of opportunities to explore the culture of China.
- MBBS course curriculum involves classroom and practical training for best learning experience and hands on practice.
- China is a safe nation for international students.
- Well equipped hospital for internship.
MBBS Course Duration
The duration of MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) is total six years. But six years MBBS program is divided into two parts. Five years academic study and one year internship. Doing one year internship from an affiliated hospitals or healthcare center is mandatory. Course curriculum is as per the international standard. You will get enough medical exposure while studying MBBS programs in China. Universities also conduct practical classes for in depth knowledge.
The tuition fee of MBBS program in China is economical. Sri Lankan students don’t have to provide capitalization or hidden charges at the time admission. The cost of MBBS is already reduced by education ministry of China. Chinese universities charge a fair amount for offering higher education in China.
MBBS in China for Sri Lanka Students: Eligibility Criteria
Chinese universities provide opportunities to study English Medium MBBS at affordable cost. Chinese universities are top ranked universities in Asia. The eligibility criteria to take admission in Chinese universities for Sri Lankan students are given below.
- Age of the student should not be less than 18 years. Maximum age should 25 years.
- Aspiring students must have completed +2 or equivalent education from a recognized board of Sri Lanka.
- Students must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. They must have obtained 50% marks in +2 educations.
- Students must have all potential documents for admission.
MBBS in China for Sri Lankan Students: Admission Procedure
The process of admission in Chinese medical Universities is simple and sophisticated. Students have to apply before deadline. Admission of the students will be based on academic records and personal interview of the students. First come, first serve rule is applicable for admission. The last date to apply for MBBS program in Chinese universities is 31st September. Classes will be commenced from October onwards.
Documents required for Admission
- Passport size photographs
- Valid Passport
- Academic transcript of 10+2 education
- School leaving certificate
- Financial statements
- Medical test reports
- English proficiency certificate (if required)
- Student Visa
Best Chinese Medical Universities
- Peking University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Nanjing University
- Jilin University
- Wuhan University
- Tsinghua University
- Xian Jiaotong university
- Xiamen university
Studying MBBS in China for Sri Lanka students is a wise decision. You will get global exposure and clinical skills to practice medicine in top countries. MBBS degree issued by Chinese universities act as an entry pass to various top countries. You can practice medicine in top countries by just passing licensing examination.