MD MS in Nepal – An Overview
As of Now, there are 20 Undergraduate & 21 Post Graduate medical institute in Nepal, Whose MD MS degree is recognized by Nepal Medical Council & World Directory of Medical Schools. These are controlled under single government body, Medical Education Commission, Nepal.
National Medical Commission / Medical Council of India has recognized 11 subjects or 11 specialization, 34 Seats under two top colleges-
- Institute of Medicine (IOM), Kathmandu
- B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKHIS), Dharan
INSTITUTE OF MEDICINE (IOM), KATHMANDU
IOM was established in 1972 at Tribhuvan University situated in Capital City Kathmandu. The IOM Developed 12 campuses all over the country, three (3) Campuses in Kathmandu and Nine Campuses Out Side the Kathmandu Valley. IOM is Also Called as Tribhuvan University.
Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital is 650 bedded which is the largest hospital in the Country. This hospital is the site of teaching and research activities of IOM. The Maharajgunj medical Campus, Maharajgunj Also known as central campus or IOM Kathmandu.
NMC/MCI RECOGNISED SEATS IN IOM TO STUDY MD MS IN NEPAL
- Radiology / Radiodiagnosis
The IOM Kathmandu or Tribhuvan Teaching Hospital tution fee is tentatively – 52,000 USD.
- 1st year Students must be paid 50%
- 2nd year Student must be paid 25%
- 3rd year Students must be paid 25%
B P KOIRALA INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES, (BPKIHS), DHARAN
BPKHIS was established in 18th January 1993, located in the sub -metropolitan city of Dharan in Sunsari District. The Institute was named after the late former Prime Minister of Nepal Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. The institute became an Autonomous health science University on 28th Oct 1998.
The Institute is a Nepal-India cooperation. The institute serve the health education needs to the eastern region of NEPAL at Primary, Secondary and tertiary levels.
The institute operate 700+ beded teaching hospital, added a coronary care unit & Intensive care unit facility, as well as a critical care area & observational beds. All world class facilities are available in the hospital. In 2010 the foundation stone was laid for a new college block founded by the Government of India.
NMC/MCI-RECOGNISED SEATS IN BPKHIS
MEDICAL EDUCATION COMISSION (MECEE) www.mec.gov.np
Medical Education Commission invites online application every year for foreign candidates to appear in common entrance Examination of Post Graduate Level in Health Professional education.
- The application can only be submitted through online https//entrance.mec.gov.np
- Foreign Candidates need to appear MECEE PG.
- Foreign Candidate who does not appear MECEE PG, he/she must qualify the national level entrance of their respective countries as second priority for remaining seats.
- Foreign candidates appearing in MECEE PG must score at least 50% in the entrance exam to qualify for matching.
- If Number of qualified foreign candidates are less than the allocated seats for foreign candidates, candidates will get single opportunity for matching.
- Candidate upon admission should abide by the rules & regulation of the respective academic institutions. Private practice is not allowed in training period.