BSc Nursing Admission: Course & Eligibility Criteria
Nursing An Overview
Nursing is a wide term as it is not only Science, as well as art of taking care of the mankind and insuring the interest of human being. There is a vital role of Nurse to preventing the ill-persons, sick’s, or wounded and heal their injuries and promoting health. There are more than 100 job Opportunities sorted under five categories for the bright Career in Nursing.
Nursing are specialized at different level and their works also differ according to their field like a Nurse works under Physician, basically diagnose the problem of patient and provide the proper medication.
Characteristic of Nurses
- A Nurse should be responsible toward their job or profession and how to treat each assigned patient and taking care of them.
- It is compulsory for each and every nurse to be attentive and be available to the patient 24*7 round the clock.
- As the role of Nurse is very noblest and they use to represent the department of healthcare so they have to be influence personality and sensitive toward all patients.
BSc Nursing Admission
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a course related with the taking care of sick persons with patience and care. This field is perfect for all those who want to serve society. It is a long four years professional under graduate course. It does not involve only the academic studies but it also covers training sessions for betterment in the perspective field. It is the worthiest job profession which aims to serve the whole society that covers families, community or any individual person.
BSc Nursing Eligibility Criteria
For BSc nursing admission, aspirants are welcomed who have completed their 10+2 with Physic, Chemistry, and Biology. The Indian Nursing Council is the authorized and regulatory body for Nursing Courses in India.
- Admission is done on the basis of 10+2 performance and it is followed by the Personal interview.
- There is no age bar for admission.
Nursing Courses Details
Generally, BS.C nursing course is Four years long but it varies from college to college as per their rules. There is a high demand of Nurses in India because of the spreading hospitals, clinic and awareness about healthy and hygienic lifestyle so far the demand of nursing courses also increases.
Courses in Nursing
|BS.C Nursing (Basic)||4 years|
|BS.C Nursing (Post Basic)||2 years|
|Diploma in General Nursery and Midwifery||3 years|
|Diploma in auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery||2 years|
|MS.C in Nursing||2 years|
|M.Phil in Nursing||1 year|
|Ph.D. in Nursing||3-5 years|
Read about – MBBS admission in India
MSc Nursing Admission
MS.C Nursing Course is a Post Graduation course of two years. It deals with the specialized branch of Nursing professing like Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing, Staff nurse, Nursing Instructor, Nurse Assistant, Nurse Supervisor, etc. The candidate who has completed their B.Sc from a recognized institute can apply for this course. This is the best course for all those who are keenly interested in Medicines and Serving people for wellness and improving health by medication.
MSc Nursing eligibility
- Interested Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized University and secure the valid marks for admission in post graduation.
- Generally, the admission is based on the performance of BS.C scores but some colleges or institutes may hold their own Entrance Examination for Admission process. Otherwise there is no prescribed Entrance Exams for Nursing Courses.
Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery (ANM admission)
Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery is a 2 years under graduate medical nursing level course. It deals with healthcare department and provides the facility of smooth and relevant service to the individual, families or society. Its main or you can say basic function is to take care of mother and baby during and after pregnancy time. Nurses are demanded at all health sectors like Hospitals, NGOs, Clinics, Railways and Defense Department.
ANM course eligibility
The basic Eligibility for AMN Course is mentioned below;
- The admission process for AMN courses is different in every college but mostly admission is done on the performance of 10+2.
- Age limit should be 17 years old.
- Candidate must have secure [40% for ST/SC] and 45% for General categories.
- Candidate has completed their secondary education with the PCB subjects.
General Nurse Midwifery (GNM Admission)
GMN or General Nurse Midwifery is a 3 years and 6 months long professional course. This course is designed to train and prepare the Nurses to provide the smooth functioning environment to the healthcare sector for treating the ill or wounded persons. The pursuant of GNM can also apply for higher studies in a specific branch while serving the society.GNM courses are so prepared to produce the general Nurses who can work efficiently and capable of dealing with the component of healthcare and such other health organization.
GNM Course eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have completed their 10+2 from an approved University with the subjects PCB. Minimum age limit should be 17 and Maximum 35.
- Candidate must have completed their ANM from a recognized University with the valid scores for admission.
- Candidate should be physically fit and mentally strong.
Master of Philosophy in Nursing Course
M.Phil Nursing is a course that is programmed and designed to develop a high, detailed skill in field of Nursing with new and innovative ideas of problem advocating and how to deal in emergency situation. It is a 3-5 years course but it varies for college to college. M.Phil is a Master’s degree for Nursing Awarded after completing exams with internship successfully.
- The interested aspirants who wants to pursue this course must have completed their bachelor’s degree as well as masters degree with 55% marks obtained from a recognized institution by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Some colleges may offer 5% relaxation to the reserved categories like ST/SC/OBC.
Contact us at 8177000506, 8177000509 for BSc Nursing Admission, MSc Nursing, GNM/ANM Courses.