MBBS Admission 2020
MBBS Admission is considered as the toughest examination (NEET UG) and dominating professional course in India. MBBS Stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery it is a professional course for all those who wants to become an aspiring Doctor or want to be in the medical profession. Interested Candidate can pursue this course after completing 12 classes Examination form Science subjects with minimum 50% marks. As it is the most sought course in India, it is also very difficult to take admission in Indian Colleges or universities whether its private or government institution. Admission process for the academic year 2020 has been started in India and Abroad, Students can check about Admission procedure, eligibility criteria, top Medical Colleges, fees structure, etc. We at UCS World provide you a team of experts and numerous experienced consultant team, who are the professional Counselors give you detailed information about admission in India and Abroad. Interested candidates can contact us at 7533005179 and book the appointment on UCS World nearest office or fill enquiry form for further guidance.
MBBS Course Details
MBBS can be abbreviated in many ways like MBChB or in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae, etc, it is two in one degree awarded by a recognized medical institution for completing graduation successfully in countries that follows UK tradition.
Medicine is the most reputed and dominant sector in the world. Those countries that will follow the tradition of the United States will award MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree; it is the equivalent medical degree with MBBS. After completing course properly a qualified student can practice in India as a Physician or Surgeon. Those candidates who hold the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery are usually called “ Doctor” and use prefix Dr. with their name whether they are a PHD or DSc holder or not. In theoretical references it is mentioned that the right to use the title of Doctor Grant to the medical graduate when he/she will complete their studies and registered as a medical Practitioner by the authorized body of Country.
After completing MBBS degree one may go for MD MS Admission to become a specialist doctor. In India, there are only 66,620 seats are available at 470 medical institutions across the country. Whereas every year nearly about 14 lakhs plus medical students appear at Country level NEET-UG 2020 MBBS entrance Examination conducted by NTA (National Testing Agencies)This means that only 5% aspiring students succeeded and will get the chance to achieve their dream goal.
Interested students who want to take MBBS Admission in 2020 have to prepare for the Single Country Level competitive examinations NEET UG that are conducted NTA (National Testing Agency) on country level. For MBBS Admission in India NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is 100% mandatory. A
IIMS MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS) and JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) entrance Examinations both colleges also included in NEET UG 2020, all seats will be filled up on the basis of NEET merit. If we are talking about Medical institutions there are 335 medical colleges across India out of which 181 institutes are private and 154 institutions are run by the government. In order to take Admission in any medical college you must have NEET qualified as per the Directives of the higher court, the Supreme Court of India. It is the only entrance examination conducted for MBBS admission whether you take admission in private, government, central or Deemed institution and NEET scores will be taken into consideration.
However AIIMS and JIPMER conduct their own entrance examination in 2019 but in 2020 they are included in NEET UG and MBBS seats at any college or universities will be filled up through NEET UG 2020 merit . Besides all, AIIMS offer 807 seats to medical pursuant at 8 campuses including the main campus and JIPMER offers 200 seats filled up through NEET UG 2020 merit.
In India there are some other branches of Medicine in India to be called a Doctor like Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda and Medicine (BAMS) and Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS).
Course Duration and Eligibility for MBBS in India
MBBS is a 4.5 years + 1 year compulsory internship long professional Course from a recognised institution. Nowadays, MBBS has become the foremost choice of students after completing higher secondary education with the Science stream. Candidate who have passed with good grace are eligible to pursue this course from India or Abroad universities offering MBBS programs. A lot of Universities and medical colleges in India provide medicine course all you need is to meet with the eligibility criteria set by the running authority.
- Candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years old as on 31st December at Admission time and their maximum age should be 25 years old (5 years relaxation for ST/SC/OBC Candidates).
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 standard with the Subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main Subjects.
- Candidate’s belongs to the General categories must have obtained at least 50% marks in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or its Equivalent.
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories must be passed individually in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with at least 40% marks from a recognized board.
How to get MBBS Admission in India
Medical Council of India (Bog-MCI) is the authorized legal body for medical Sector in India, all MBBS courses, admission process, eligibility criteria, and other important decisions are taken by the Bog-MCI. Unlike other professional courses MBBS is also one of the competitive courses in India, only few students will get this golden opportunity to get admitted after qualifying NEET UG entrance Examination. Earlier each state has its own policy to provide seats for MBBS; some of the state Tamilnadu don’t conduct any entrance Examination they allocates seats on the basis of 12 performance and marks. Whereas states like Maharastra, Karnataka, Kerala, etc conduct common entrance Test at state level and provide seats based on merits. From 2017 onwards all state governments are expected to provide 85% quota medical seats based on NEET Scores.
In India many private colleges and universities may fill their 40% of seats under management Quota for eligible students and this makes it easy to get back door entry for many high society students. Eligibility criteria for management Quota to get seats are 50% marks form Science Subjects. Capitalisation fees of the private medical colleges for Management Quota ranges from 50 lakhs to 1 Crore. It only practiced in India to sale the seats under quota in the private medical colleges. But after the introduction of NEET UG MBBS 2020 it is compulsory for all to intake students only after they qualify NEET UG 2020 MBBS entrance Examination
MBBS Entrance Examinations in India
NEET UG 2020 MBBS is abbreviated as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission of MBBS or BDS course in India & Abroad. It is mandatory for every student to qualify NEET Entrance Examination for getting admission in any private college/government/ Central or Deemed universities in India & Abroad.
NEET UG 2020 MBBS is a doorway for all medical aspirants who wish to pursue medical graduate courses form a reputed college or university. NEET UG 2020 MBBS has replaced All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and other individual state level entrance examination conducted by the different states for the admission of MBBS or other medical courses. However, NEET UG 2020 MBBS examination that is conducted by all medical Pursuant for MBBS in India. For Academic session 2020 there are more than 14 lakhs students were registered for entrance Examination and NEET UG 2020.
MBBS Counseling will be taken in three rounds including Mop-up round. Through NEET UG 2020 MBBS examination there about 15% seats in government colleges are reserved for the All India Quota seats across India, which is filled by the MCC Medical Counseling committee. Besides this, Admission of left 85% state quota seats will be respectively done by the state counseling authorities. And MBBS Admission in Deemed Institutions will be done by the Directorate General of Health Services on behalf of Medical Counseling Committee. NTA (National Testing Agency) release Notifications for UG NEET 2020 MBBS in every month of December and NEET Examination will be held in the month of May.
NEET 2020 Important events
- Submit online application: 2nd December to 31st December, 2019
- Admit card available: date will be announced
- NEET UG Exam date: date will be announced
- NEET UG Result: 4th June, 2020
- NEET UG official Website:- https;//ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx
Admission Procedure for MBBS in India
An All India Merit List of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of All India Rank in the Merit List of the NEET (UG) – 2020 and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS from the said list only, with existing reservation policy. NTA will only provide All India Rank to candidates, while Concern Authorites will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Concern Authorities. Admission to MBBS within the respective categories shall be based solely on All India Rank as per merit list of NEET (UG) – 2020.
- Admission to 15% All India Quota, shall be as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulation of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the procedure prescribed by the MCC under the DGHS. Similarly, for admission to 85% State Quota shall be also as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/NMC/DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the prescribed rules and regulations by the State/Union Govt. or its concern authority.
- Admission to AIIMS/JIPMER/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU will be conducted by DGHS/MoA/AACCC and reservation policy will be as per rules and regulations of the concerned University or Institutions. Candidates should register on MCC website for admission to Deemed / Central University/ ESIC and AFMC for MBBS/BDS courses and AACCC website for admission to Deemed Universities/Central Universities/National Institutes for Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- Admission to AFMC, Pune shall be subject to the norms prescribed by the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services, Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Candidates who apply for NEET (UG) – 2020 and/or for seeking admission in AFMC also need to apply to AFMC on www.afmc.nic.in/www.afmcdg1d.gov.in. The short listed candidates will be required to appear for a second stage Screening Test conducted by AFMC. Candidates are advised to contact AFMC for further and exact details. The Counselling will be conducted by DGHS.
- Admission to Deemed Universities /Central Universities / ESIC Medical Colleges /AFMC/ BHU /AMU, shall be as per the provisions of the Statutory Regulations of MCI/ NMC/ DCI, the judgments of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and the procedure prescribed by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) under the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC and AFMC including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/central pool quota, AIIMS, JIPMER.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy College/State.
- Notwithstanding anything stated above, the eligibility criteria to appear in NEET (UG) shall also be applicable to the candidates desirous to take admission in Undergraduate Medical Courses in concerned INIs like AIIMS.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Students from UT of J&K and Ladakh are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as UT of J&K and Ladakh have opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and they need to present the same during counselling.
Reservation Policy for MBBS Admission in India
Reservation policy of the Government of India is applicable to NEET (UG) Examination to study MBBS in India. According to this, only in the Central Universities and Institutions, 10% of the seats are reserved for the category General- Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe(ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer(OBC-NCL). In case of seats filled by the State Medical Colleges/Universities/Institutions /Private Medical colleges under other than 15%. All India Quota, the reservation policy of the concerned State Govt. shall apply.
Counselling Instructions for MBBS in India
- Counselling for Seats Under 15% All India Quota and all seats in Central Institutions Including AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), BHU, AMU and Deemed Universities Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services for Undergraduate Medical Courses. Information for online counselling would only be available on Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website (mcc.nic.in) for Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- Qualified candidates are advised to read the counselling related information carefully and understand the course of action to be taken by them for appearing in the Counselling. Any query related to 15% All India Quota, Central Institutions including AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, ESIC, Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU and Deemed Universities Counselling may be referred to the following address:
- For MBBS/BDS Courses: The Assistant Director General (ME) Directorate General of Health Services, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For BAMS/BSMS/BUMS/BHMS Courses: The Director (SRKV), Ministry of AYUSH, AYUSH Bhawan, B-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi- 110023 Email: Counsellingemail@example.com
MBBS Counselling and Admission for seats other than 15% All India seats
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission in State Medical Colleges/ Universities/Institutions using merit list of NEET (UG) – 2020 shall follow the instructions of the State Government and/or authorities of the Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy colleges/Institution/University concerned for counselling.
- Counselling for Private Medical Colleges (except Deemed) will be with the respective State Governments. In case of Medical/Dental Colleges. 15% All India quota seats of Private Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/ Homeopathy Colleges are filled by AYUSH Admission Central Counselling Committee (AACCC) and Ministry of AYUSH.
- The NTA will not make any change in candidates’ data after the opportunity for the same is closed. In no case, the change of data submitted by candidate in the online Application Form shall be made by NTA, after declaration of result. In the application form, categories of the candidates have been obtained as per Central Category List.
- For the counselling and admission on seats other than 15% All India Quota Seats, candidates will register for counselling as per their eligibility by giving the category based on the State category list.
Top Private Medical Colleges offering MBBS Course in India
|Andhra Pradesh||Karnataka||Orissa||Uttar Pradesh|
|Chhattisgarh||Madhya Pradesh||Punjab||West Bengal|
|Jammu||New Delhi||Tamil Nadu||-|
Study MBBS Abroad
Study MBBS Abroad is another suitable option for Indian students those who will not be able to secure MBBS Seat in India. Pursue medical course for foreign land is a fine option to become a successful professional Doctor. Candidates who will get chance to take admission in Indian institutions because of high fees structure, rush in Indian Colleges, heavy competition or any other reason now will be able to pursue MBBS Degree for Abroad.