Armenia is a Western Asian country with the population of 29.1 Lakh peoples. Although it is not so popular, it has one of the best destinations for medical students. In the past few years, Armenia has achieved many remarkable achievements in Medical science and has constantly put every possible effort to provide quality education to the national and international students.
Due to their prestigious universities, standard education, highly advanced technologies, methodology, wide approach and biomedical and clinical approach and many other aspects attract many international students to study MBBS in Armenia. Apart from this what makes Armenia the best preferred destination is it’s easy and quick admission processing, and affordable fees structure can be payable in two to three instalments.
Degree awarded after completing medicine form Armenia are globally recognized can graduate can practice in varied nations. Their method of teaching is totally different and unmatched to any other destination. Armenia has improved a lot in the past few years and has become the target nation for international students.
MBBS in Armenia
Armenia is a Eurasian country, it is the one of the most beautiful countries and the first Christian nation witnessed the remarkable growth in Medical science. Yerevan is the capital of Armenia and center of educational and financial hubs. Armenia shares its border with many developing countries like turkey, Georgia, Iran, Azerbaijan, etc. Studying MBBS is a six years long professional course except for some known universities which only take five years to complete medical course.
MBBS in Armenia is rewarding for career acquisition in terms of affordability, education and time investment career growth. It is a low budget country providing high quality education in economical expenses at their top recognized universities. Armenia is emerging as the best nation for medical aspirants.
The Higher Medical Armenian education makes easy admission processing, hassle-free application process for international students and additionally, there is no Entrance test in the majority of Armenian Medical Universities. Moreover, their faculty members are very frank and experienced one. Over time things changed a lot and Armenia has become popular for MBBS. Therefore, pursuing medicine from Armenia will truly grant you wide exposure and improved learning.
Is MBBS in Armenia Good or Bad?
Under this heading you will get fair weather to or not to choose Armenia for higher education. We have mentioned all pros and cons associated with Armenia, its education and safety factors.
- Armenia is a country situated in the middle of Asia and Europe. Countries of Armenia are safest and friendly countries for international students. It is a considerable nation for Medicine studies.
- Armenia offers good proximity and an educational environment for knowledge seekers.
- Universities of Armenia also organize educational seminars, effective teaching strategies, Faculty development programs to be upgraded all time, according to the needs of present and future generation students.
- Medical universities of Armenia are occupied with innovative infrastructure, modernised Labs, spacious classrooms embedded with digital teaching modes, fully Wi Fi zone for being in touch with outer world and activities, etc.
- Medical colleges are approved by WHO and MCI.
- Its safety standard can be tested by the statement that you can anywhere in Armenia at 2 A.M but sake for safety be on guard and don’t roam here and there, unnecessarily.
- Comparatively low fees structure.
Opting MBBS in Armenia is the wise decision you have ever made in your life. Course duration for pursuing MBBS in Armenia will take 6 years including 1 year internship in all major institutions. During these six years you will get enough knowledge, combined training, practical learning and modern approach in Medicine. There are four top leading Medical universities in Armenia that help you to foster learning, excellent infrastructure and a perfect study environment.
Yet the official language of Armenia is Armenian but still classes for the international students will be conducted in English language.
MBBS syllabus in Armenia
Six years long professional course including 1 year mandatory internship involves many interesting subjects if you want to know about human structure, how its functioning, how it becomes ill and how to provide proper cure, etc. This course is divided into three distinct categories namely; Pre-medical, Para Medical and clinical training.
|1 year||1 and 2||Anatomy and histology|
|2 Year||3 and 4||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Histology, Physiology, Microbiology|
|3 year||5 and 6||Path Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology|
|4 year to 6 year||7 to 12||Internal Medicine, Neurology, Physiology, Oncology, pediatrics, Gynecology, Surgery, Psychology, ENT, cardiology, and some other subjects.|
Top Medical colleges in Armenia
Here is a list of top Medical colleges in Armenia approved by the Medical council of India and World Health Organization by measuring some factors such as College reviews, fees structure, infrastructure, quality of Education, Placement stats, etc.
- ST. Tereza Medical University.
- The University of Traditional Medicine.
- Yerevan Haybusak University.
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University.
- Yerevan State Medical University.
MBBS in Armenia Fee Structure
Armenia is a country known for higher affordability and its medical progress. Pursuing MBBS in Armenian Medical University will cost around 3500 USD to 5500 USD for one year and it is very less as compared to Indian or Western Medical colleges.
Medical universities in Armenia offer medicine courses from general medicine to specialized courses such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, etc at accessible fees instalments and while studying in Armenia you can get the chance to take advantage of world class infrastructure with low fee charges.
Unlike other medical universities you will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying to any university in Armenia also. Eligibility criteria of Armenian Medical universities are quite simple and easy, which can be easily satisfied by aspiring students. So here, we have mentioned some basic eligibility criteria required to apply for admission.
- Minimum age required is 17 years and maximum 25 years at admission.
- Applicants must have completed their Higher Secondary Education with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English as a main subject.
- Applicants should score at least 50% marks in 10+2 education.
- Indian students must have qualified for the NEET Examination with good scores.
- In addition strong will power, Passion, motivation, dedication, discipline and long working enthusiasm is required.
Admission procedure to apply for MBBS in Armenia is very simple and straightforward. Whereas the last date to apply is 15th October of every year. As we all know, every year a pool of students from all corners of globe enter to take admission in Armenian Universities. Whereas the MBBS seats are strictly distributed on first come first serve basis.
So, apply in at least three Universities to secure your seat and follow the procedure given below to avoid any kind of rejection.
- Select your desired University and fill the application form by entering all correct and relevant information about your personal and academic details, attach requested documents and submit it.
- Within a week of registration you will receive a cover letter from University if you are eligible.
- Pay the university expenses.
- Next step is to apply for a student Visa.
- Get your visa and fly to Armenia and accomplish your Dream.
There are some essential documents required for admission you need to carry before moving to final departure. Don’t not forget to miss any of them.
- A valid passport with a minimum validity of 18 months.
- 10th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate.
- 12th Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate.
- Birth certificate.
- University fees deposit slip. (Photocopy)
- Visa fees deposit slip.
- 10 Passports size Photographs.
- Invitation letter by the University of Armenia.
- Migration certificate.
- Eligibility certificate.
- Fitness certificate.
- Legalization of all documents from Armenian Embassy.
Recognition of Armenian medical Universities
Armenia offers the best quality education and standard curriculum at their Universities and associated colleges. Medical education from Armenia is worth becoming a global medical practitioner. Most of universities/colleges is affiliated and approved with the world’s leading health Organization such as;
- World health Organization
- Ministry of Education Armenia
- Medical Council of India
- World federation of Medical Education
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- No Entrance Examinations.
- Cost effective fees structure in majority universities.
- No capitalization Fees.
- Safe and Secure place for internationals
- Wide Exposure and Multicultural environment.
- Approved Medical College and universities.
- English language as Medium of Instruction.
- Easy accommodation charges.
- Local language could be the barrier of communication.
- Armenian Embassy may take a long time for Visa processing.
- For some people weather may cause sickness.
- Require extra efforts and long-time enthusiasm to be successful.
After completing MBBS in Armenia one can practice anywhere in the world because of global recognition of Medical degree awarded by the Armenian Universities. Medical graduates can open their own clinic or can be hired as an educator, Medical professor, Medical consultant, Medical Journalist, any research work, Professor, Pharmacist, Pediatrics, Cardiologist, Surgeon, etc. Apart from this pursuing MS degree could be a fine option for many.