Many medical aspirants fly abroad to study MBBS. There are many foreign nations that offer MBBS, the undergraduate medical program for the Indian students. Hundreds of medical colleges and universities offer MCI approved medical courses, abroad. One of the countries that offer approved medical course is Bulgaria. Is MBBS in Bulgaria good? Let us explore in detail about studying MBBS in Bulgaria.
MBBS in Bulgaria – An Overview
Bulgaria is located in the Central Europe. It is a member of the European Union. The country gained a lot of attention globally owing to the high quality education. It has become one of the most sought after destination for studying higher education. Especially, international students and Indian students who seek to study MBBS abroad prefer to pick Bulgaria as one of the destinations.
You need not worry about the fact, is MBBS in Bulgaria good. You can join MBBS in Bulgaria with ease in one of the best universities. More than 1000 students fly to Bulgaria to study MBBS every year, from all parts of the world. Hundreds of Indian students join MBBS in Bulgaria for excellent infrastructure, education quality, and great affordability.
Infrastructure of medical universities in Bulgaria is above par than the medical colleges in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. It has already become one of the best destinations to study MBBS abroad.
MBBS study in Bulgaria for Indian students has become very easy in the recent past. Just like China, and Russia, many Indian students to study MBBS in Bulgaria. Many reputed medical universities and medical schools in Bulgaria received the recognition of the Medical Council of India. Read on to find about MBBS in Bulgaria fees structure, overall Bulgaria MBBS cost, popular medical universities in Bulgaria, facilities, ambience etc.
Quick Facts about Studying MBBS in Bulgaria
- The country has established a name and reputed for offering quality education on par with the global standards in the medical science field for centuries.
- All medical programs offered by the medical universities of Bulgaria are duly recognized by the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India.
- Being a member of European Union Countries, the degrees and educational programs are offered throughout the Europe.
- Bulgarian medical professionals carved a reputation across the world.
- All medical universities charge reasonable fee. MBBS in Bulgaria fee structure is very much affordable when compared with the cost of MBBS in India.
- Bulgaria MBBS cost inclusive of all expenses is not high. Cost of living is very much affordable.
- Students get the option to pay the tuition fees in two installments.
- English is the major language and all classes are conducted in English.
- All medical universities provide on-campus hostel facilities. Besides, students can also get accommodation in other places.
- While some students may want to settle abroad after completion of MBBS, studying MBBS in Bulgaria makes the best bet. Students can choose the option to start practicing in Europe.
- Processing education visa to Bulgaria is relatively simple and easy. When you submit all necessary documents it takes no more than 6 weeks to get the visa delivered.
MBBS in Bulgaria – Duration of the Course
Duration of studying MBBS in Bulgaria is 6 years.
It comprises of 5 years academic program and 1 year compulsory internship. Students don’t have the option to skip the training and continue the same in India. It is mandatory to complete the internship program at Bulgaria itself.
Academic courses are divided into two semesters.
- First two years of study involves pre-medical studies
- Last three years of study involves clinical subjects
- Last year – practical training on rotational basis in the respective hospital attached to the medical college or university.
- After every exam students get a break of 2 weeks.
Medical Universities in Bulgaria – Admission Requirements for Indian Students
The admission requirements and process is very simple. All applicants must have scored a minimum of 70% marks in the class 12 or higher secondary exam conducted by approved board of examination in India. Overall percentage shall not be less than 70% in aggregate. All admissions are made in the month of February.
There are no entrance tests or other examinations to select the students. All applicants are sleeted based on the early come and early serve basis, when they meet minimum educational qualification.
MBBS Study in Bulgaria for Indian Students – Important Facts You should Know
- Last date of application (every year) – August 15
- Admission / intake (every year) – In the month of February
- Basic Eligibility for admission – 70% marks with NEET score
- Duration of the course – 6 years
- Proficiency of language – English
- Entrance – NO
- Average Course Fee – 5.5 lakhs per year
- Cost of living per month – 15 thousand to 20 thousand per month (inclusive of food and accommodation)
Renowned Medical Universities in Bulgaria
Following are the popular and well-reputed medical universities in Bulgaria.
Pleven Medical University Bulgaria is the top medical university preferred by most of the students. Pleven medical university tuition fees come to an approximate of 6 lakhs per annum.
Sofia medical university is the second best medical university in Bulgaria and the tuition fees is charged around 5.5 lakhs per annum.
Other two medical universities in Bulgaria includes,
Trakia University – 5.50 lakhs per year
Plovdiv Medical University – 6.30 lakhs per year
Indian students studying MBBS in Bulgaria is similar to studying MBBS in all reputed European Universities. With less stringent entry requirements, and quality education in a world-class infrastructure, choosing to study medical degree in Bulgaria is a right decision. With tough competition and entry requirements to get a medical seat in Indian medical colleges, addition of Bulgaria as one of the study abroad destinations appear as bliss to the Indian medical aspirants.
The medical course patterns followed by the medical universities in Bulgaria is very similar to the one followed by the Medical Council of India – MCI, NMC, PMDS, and BMDC. Students can easily pass the MCI screening conducted in India to start practicing medicine in India.