Every year a large pool of science stream students choose to study medicine abroad. Medicine is known as the most respected profession in the world and thus every second student wish to become a Doctor. MBBS in Malaysia is the primary choice of Indian student and Malaysia has consistently become the hottest destination among all.
Being embedded with world class infrastructure and latest technologies Malaysia offer high perspective and standard education in the field of medical and science. Malaysian Universities are cost effective and subsequently preferable for international students.
MBBS degree is still one of the sought degrees after others in India. Nowadays, Indian students hardly get admission in Indian Medical colleges/Universities because of High competition for MBBS seats and many other aspects don’t allow the students to get easily into the Indian medical college and in that situation they prefer to study abroad.
MBBS in Malaysia Overview
Malaysia is a well-equipped and economical country for international students and especially for medical students, there are so many universities and colleges offer a wide variety of MBBS program and other courses at very affordable fees structure as compared to Indian colleges. Malaysian Universities ranked among top 100+ world class universities and maintain standard education in the country.
So when it came to make a bright career in medicine, none other than the Malaysian Universities is the best to become a certified medical practitioner by getting deep and detailed knowledge of colossal field of medicine from experienced faculty and experts.
|Course name||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)|
|Degree offered||MD Degree equivalent to MBBS degree|
|Medium of teaching||English|
|Duration of course||5-6 years (including one year mandatory internship)|
|Minimum requirements||50-70% marks in 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics.|
|IETLS or TOEFL||Not compulsory|
|Minimum tuition fees of MBBS||Around 55,000-140,000 Malaysian Currency|
|Cost of Living||10,000-15,000 monthly|
|Top universities||Lincoln University, SEGI University, University of Malaysia, etc.|
|Recognition||Recognized by NMC, WHO, FAIMER, UNESCO, etc.|
|Is NEET Exam Required?||Yes, required.|
Top Medical Universities in Malaysia
|Serial No.||University||Location||Established in||MBBS in Malaysia Fee Structure|
|1.||Lincoln University||Kota Bharu, Malaysia||2002||66,500 USD|
|2.||Taylor’s University||Selangor, Malaysia||2006||1,04,167 USD|
|3.||MAHSA University||Selangor, Malaysia||2005||66,79,500 INR|
|4.||Quest International University||Perak, Malaysia||2011||–|
|5.||SEGI University||Petaling Jaya Malaysia||1977||58,10,875 INR|
|6.||Widad University||Kauntan, Malaysia||1997||–|
|7.||University of Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||1949||–|
|8.||New Castle University of Medicine||Gelang Patah, Malaysia||2009||–|
|9.||Asia Metropolitan universities||Masai, Johar, Malaysia||2000||–|
|10.||AIMST University||Bedong, Malaysia||2001||–|
|11.||Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences||Subang Jaya Malaysia||2005||–|
Why MBBS from Malaysia
There are so many reasons associated with Malaysian universities to rely upon. There are various possibilities for starting MBBS degree from Malaysia. If you are still wondering whether to go for Malaysia or not, so look at the below mentioned points than take any final decision.
- There are near about 63000+ seats are available in Indian Medical colleges whereas lakh’s of medical candidates appear for competitive examinations every year.
- Therefore, aspiring students find it difficult and choose to study abroad. Moreover Malaysian Universities provide hassle free and direct admission without any entrance examination to the international students.
- Tuition fee in Malaysian universities tends to be very low as compared to India, America, China, Ukraine or any other destination.
- Medical universities of Malaysia are less expensive whereas quality of education is relatively high. In order to ease the burden and financial stress of student, medical school charges less tuition fees from international students.
- Universities offer latest and better learning techniques to educate the students. Universities adopt new techniques, advanced learning technologies, experienced staff and faculty members, digital classes, exchanges programs and many other approaches to guide and train the students about the present and future generations.
- Medical students actually never stop learning and experiencing new things and for this reason Malaysian universities perform students exchange programs to visit foreign universities and get various opportunities to learn more.
- When students are studying in their hometown, they get origin about their particular country.
- While students will get a wide exposure to international culture alternatively when they meet with new people from different cultures and background then they get into the multicultural environment and will get wide exposure.
Medicine is a wide concept cover multidisciplinary programs within. Students will get a deep insight into the human anatomy and basic information about other healthcare department. Later, students can choose to get higher studies in any specific specialization. So let’s have a look;
- General medicine (MBBS)
- Emergency Medicine
- Anesthesiology, etc.
NMC (MCI) Approved Universities in Malaysia
There are numerous institutions in Malaysia that are approved by NMC (MCI). List of NMC approved universities are given below.
- Lincoln University
- Taylors University
- AIMST University
- Jeffery Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences (Monash University)
- Quest International University
- MAHSA University
- International Medical University
- Newcastle university of Medicine
- Management and Science University
- Asian Metropolitan University
MBBS in Malaysia fees structure for Indian Students
- MBBS in Malaysia for Indian students 2021-2022 should be more cost friendly or you can say cheapest MBBS in Malaysia than any other nation. Whereas, there are many non-profit making institute offering MBBS in Malaysia.
- It will only cost INR 70 Lakh to 1 Crore for the entire five years including food, living and other daily expenses.
- In addition, if the students are meritorious one, then he/she will also awarded by the government scholarship programs to support finically.
MBBS in Malaysia Eligibility Criteria
If you witnessed any competitive examination, you have noticed that there is a preset eligibility criteria for all candidates and this same procedure are also followed by the medical schools of Malaysia. Before applying for admission you have to satisfy some requirements asked by the college/Universities. The following requirements to take part in MBBS in Malaysia are;
- Minimum age of candidate must not be less than 17 years and it should not exceed 25 years for undergraduate courses.
- Aspiring students must have scored at least 70% in Physics/Mathematics, chemistry and biology form an authorized board of council.
- Indian students must have qualified NEET examination for good grades.
- Students must have qualified high school and higher Secondary education certificate with good marks equivalent to Malaysian education standard.
- In additional skills, students will require strong willpower, determination, dedication and discipline for lifelong.
|Age of the candidate||Minimum age of candidate should be 17 years before 31st December.|
|Required qualification||Candidates must have studied PCB in Class 12th and secured at 50-70% marks.|
|NEET requirement||NEET is mandatory|
|IELTS or TOEFL||Required but not mandatory|
|Foundation in Science||At least CGPA of 3 in Physics/Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry along with 5Bs or equivalent majorly in SPM consisting of Physics, Mathematics/Additional Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.|
|For A-Levels and STPM||Essential Requirement of BBB/ABC/AAC in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.|
MBBS in Malaysia-Admission Procedure
Malaysian medical schools and universities offer easy and simple admission procedure to all national and international candidates. Their admission procedure is less time consuming and requires less documentation as compared to Indian colleges. Last date to register for Malaysian Universities is 15 July every year.
- Application process is very simple, requires few steps to apply successfully.
- Visit the official website of your preferred college or university.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Attach the required documents and take a copy for future use.
- Pay the application fees online and submit it.
- Birth Certificate
- 10+2 Certificates
- A copy of passport
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of Invitation Letter
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Address Proof
- Bank Statement
- Health Insurance
- Passport size photograph
- COVID 19 reports
- SOP is required
- Updated CV/Resumes
- Reference Letter
Note: Documents requirements may differ from college to college and it can be changed at any time. So stay connected for each and every detail
MBSB in Malaysia Course Content
MBBS in a long professional program pursue by the majority of science students. It is two in one “single undergraduate degree” awarded by medical schools after completing graduation successfully. MBBS in Malaysia is a 5 to 6 years program excluding 2 years of horsemanship consists of two phases, pre-clinical and clinical training.
It is quite challenging and rewarding degree in which you will get to know about how to give treatment, provide healthcare to patient and encounter diseases and directly provide advancement and enhance the quality of mankind.
MBBS in Malaysia- Course Curriculum
Course curriculum of Malaysian Medical colleges/Universities are divided into two specific parts pre-clinical or theoretical and clinical training.
- Pre-Clinical training
- In Pre-clinical medical students are taught about the basic fundamentals, theories, human structural science and clinical skills.
- Pre-clinical skills involve human anatomy, pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Genetics, Pharmacology, Ethics and behavior.
- Clinical Training
- Next is clinical training, clinical training is further divided into two phases. In first year of clinical studies they will learn clinical skills.
- Rest two years will be allotted for practical experience at university Clinical campuses. It’s time to practice their skills whatever they have learned in pre-clinical studies.
Students will put into the clinical rotation in hospitals selected by the Ministry of Health. They will be trained in all medical disciplines to become a successful medical practitioner. In this stage students will be prepared for their next 2 years horsemanship.
Recognition of MBBS in Malaysia
It is good to check the affiliation, recognition or approval of the institutions before taking admission. Malaysian universities are recognized by re-known authorities for providing finest medical education to the students. Malaysian colleges or universities are also connected with international reputed institutions and organizations.
- National Medical Commission
- Ministry of Education, Malaysia
- World Federation for Medical Education
- World Health Organization
- The foundation For Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
Advantages of MBBS in Malaysia
Being in the multicultural, economic and educational hub, you will experience a lot of advantages while pursuing MBBS in Malaysia. So let’s see what are these advantages are;
- Malaysian Universities are world’s top ranked universities and these universities are the excellent blend of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Malaysian Universities offer annual scholarship programs to the Indian students to encourage the students.
- Comparatively, low tuition fees.
- Living cost and expenses are also very low.
- Provide high standard of education and world class infrastructure in Universities.
- Provide safe and friendly environment to the international students.
- Accommodation and transportation facility are also avail by the universities.
Scholarship in Malaysia
Being a cost-effective nation, Malaysia provides medicine education at lowest cost. The government of Malaysia offer a number of scholarship programs for local and international students to pursue MBBS. Name of popular scholarships in Malaysia are written below.
- Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship
- Malaysian International Scholarship
- Axol Science Scholarship
- The Jeffrey Cheah Foundation-Sunway Group Scholarship
- University Trust Graduate Scholarship
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Bhajan Lal Scholarship
- Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program Scholarships
After completing MBBS in Malaysia you will get a chance to practice in Malaysia for two years and you were called as Doctor. Typically MBBS prepares you for Doctor but apart from this there are various alternative job options for you. After finishing Medicine program you can go for higher studies from US, UK, America or your preferred destination.
Related Job Options
Having a professional degree from Malaysia will obviously add high status and high pay to you. MBBS in Malaysia is globally recognized and accepted worldwide. You can practice anywhere in the world after getting a medical degree from Malaysia.
- Medical Officer
- Medical professor
- Forensic pathology
- Medical Educator
- Medical Journalist
- Clinical Ethicist
- Medical Researcher
Visa for MBBS in Malaysia
International or Indian candidates applying for MBBS in Malaysia are required to have a valid visa, so that they can study medicine from Malaysian institutes. Students applying for MBBS Malaysia have to fill application online. The Cost of Visa application is around 3395 INR. You may get your visa done within two weeks.
- An Application Form
- Letter of Acceptance
- Passport Size photographs
- IELTS or TOEFL Scorecard, if it is required by your preferred university.
- A valid passport
- Health Insurance certificate is mandatory.
Cost of Living in Malaysia
Besides tuition fee, cost of living and other expenses also matters while planning to study abroad. In this section of article, we will provide estimated cost of living and other necessary expenses. Well, cost of living in Malaysia in moderate. Cost of accommodation is also cheap. On an average, your monthly budget goes around 10,000-15000 per month. Number may also increase or Decrease depending on your preferred university and living standard.
- Food and clothes-10,000
- Travelling- 5000
Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the top Medical Universities to study MBBS program in Malaysia?
University of Malaysia, Taylor’s University, MAHSA University are amongst popular institutions of Malaysia to study MBBS programs. Also they are NMC recognized universities of Malaysia.
What is the cost of MBBS in Malaysia?
Cost of MBBS programs in Malaysia is around 55,000-136,000 MYR per annum.
Is Malaysian degree recognized in India?
Yes, MBBS degree issued by the Malaysian institutions is recognized in India and all over the world after FMGE.
How long is Housemanship in Malaysia?
Housemanship last for one year. Well, the compulsory service for doctor in government hospitals is three years.
Is MBBS good in Malaysia?
MBBS from Malaysia is considered as the best option for Indian Medical Students. MBBS in Malaysia is a recognized by NMC, India. Moreover, other leading organizations also approved medical education offered by Malaysian institutions.