MBBS in Srilanka: Eligibility an Admission for Indian Students
- Destination: Srilanka
- Capital City: Colombo
- Faculty: Medicine
- Admission Deadline: Closed by 15 June in major Medical Universities.
- Eligibility: minimum 50% in P/C/B.
- NEET Mandatory for Indian students.
- Fees structure: Cheap & Affordable.
Sirlanka is well known as the Island country situated in southern Asia, has a rich cultural heritage, language and ethnicities. Higher education system in Srilanka is pretty good and affordable to the international candidates who wish to study in this island country. Srilanka is the home of some of the best Medical universities with high quality infrastructure and qualitative education.
Whereas, if we look at the literacy ratio, it is 95.5%. Medical Universities of Srilanka offer admission to international students without any Entrance Examination. Srilanka always provide first priority to the international relations and always been punctual in field of education health development and research.
Its low fees structure, authenticity, Advance teaching methods, education quality and infrastructure, scientific approach makes Srilanka as a prime destination for international students, especially Indian candidates.
Advantages to study MBBS in Srilanka
Pursuing Medical courses from Srilankan Universities is going to be the wisest decision of your live. Srilanka is a preferable destination for knowledge seekers and apart from education, Srilanka is also known for its flora and fauna.
- No Entrance examination is required to study Medicine in Srilanka.
- Tuition fees structure of Medical Universities is very cost effective in nature.
- A wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical training is provided by the institutions.
- Medical universities are approved by the WHO, MCI and other medical organizations.
- Fine quality of accommodation with comfortable study environment is ensured by institutions.
- Medical graduate can work in Srilankan Hospitals after completing an internship.
- Students will be provided by numerous opportunities to learn and improve skills.
- Admission procedure in very simple and sophisticated at Srilanka.
MBBS Course Duration and Curriculum
The course Duration of MBBS in Srilanka is 6 years (including internship) consist 14 minimum of 14 subjects. This integrated medicine course curriculum at Srilankan Medical Universities includes preclinical, para-clinical and clinical training phase with the combination of advanced theoretical knowledge and practical approach in real life situations.
At present, the curriculum practiced in Srilankan Medical Institution is spanning over three phases. I Phase begins with The Personal and Professional Development and also followed in II, III Phase. Phase II consist sixteen Modules including Community health Stream and PPD. In the III Phases, clinical training were started from third years continues until the final years, in selected training hospitals.
MBBS in Srilanka Eligibility Criteria
It is very important credential which have to be fulfilled by the candidates, who want to take admission in Srilankan Medical Universities. To be a part of Medical universities located in Srilanka, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria to pursue Medical degree courses. For Eligibility criteria check below;
- The minimum age of applicant should be 17 years old or as on 31st December at admission.
- Candidate must have completed their Higher Secondary Education certificate with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidate must have acquired at least 50% in P/C/B.
- NEET qualification with valid scores is compulsory for Indian students.
- Fluency in English language is required because English is the medium of instruction.
- Additionally, candidate must possess good health, good behavior and discipline.
Admission procedure to pursue MBBS in Srilanka is very simple and quick process. Admission of international students is based on Merit marks, academic performance of candidate and counselling round by the Medical institutions. Some of prestigious universities grant admission on the basis of entrance examination scores followed by Personal interview. To avoid any kind of rejection, read the below points;
- Fill the application form with correct information.
- Apply at least in three universities to secure your seat in Srilanka.
- Place your all required documents in a safe folder, so that you cannot miss any of them.
- Apply for students Visa months before your final departure.
- Take a print out of university 1st year tuition fees slip.
- Do not forget to take all required documents.
- 10 and 12 mark sheet and pass certificate.
- Recently clicked passport size Photographs.
- Legalization of all documents by the Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi. (In case of Indian students)
- Receipt of 1st year tuition fees payment.
- Health records.
- Birth certificate.
- Eligibility and Migration certificate.
- Invitation/Offer Letter by the University.
Optimistically, Srilanka is a premier destination for providing higher learning and career-oriented programs at low cost fees structure. Tuition fees of MBBS in Srilanka is very affordable in contrast with other Asian destination. Programs offered at medical universities are quality driven with advanced curriculum and teaching methodology. In order to encourage the students and support the financially, government of Srilanka highly subsidized tuition fees at public Universities and also provide scholarships to eligible candidates. Probably, this could be a reason to choose higher education from Srilanka.
Accreditation of Medical Universities, Srilanka
Likewise other factors which should be considered before taking admission at any institutions, it is also necessary to check for the affiliation and recognition of Medical universities located in Srilanka. So, let’s have a look;
- Recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- World Health organization
- Accredited by University Grant Commission, Sri Lanka.
- International Association of Universities.
- Association of CommonWealth Universities.
- Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability.
List of MCI approved Medical Colleges/Universities, Srilanka
To study MBBS in Srilanka, there are only two universities, approved by the Medical Council of India i.e., (1) University of Kelaniya, MCI approved and (2) University of Sir Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda.
After completing MBBS in Srilanka, Medical professionals can practice anywhere as the Medical degree awarded by the Medial Universities of Srilanka is globally recognized. On the other hand they can open their own clinic or can be hired as a Medical consultant, Medical professor, educator , Medical Journalist, any research work, Professor, Pharmacist, Surgeon, etc. Apart from this pursuing MS degree from western countries could be a great option.