Study MBBS in Egypt: Universities, Fees and Admission
Egypt is considered an ancient country with deep history in medicine, literature, civilization, etc. But at present, it is known for advanced medical courses offered to the international students by Egyptian medical universities. Top leading universities of Egypt fall under 500 top ranking universities in the world. These universities are also recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The term MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery. MBBS from Egypt for Indian students is of 5 years duration. Although Arabic is the official language, this program is available in English medium. Availability of English medium MBBS courses ensures to teach students coming from different countries very easily. All lectures and instructions are provided in English language.
Indian students who are planning to study medicine from Egypt are going in the right direction. Apart from MCI, the majority of medical universities in Egypt are recognized by global organizations, medical councils of different countries, and medical bodies.
Nowadays, Egyptian universities are on the list of medical destinations abroad. Particularly, Egypt is widely selected by Indian students. They offer wide exposure and standard education & training at all levels, and also provide multiple faculties to the students.
Pursuing a medical degree from Egypt is beneficial for Indian students. Due to globally recognized MBBS degree, graduates from Egypt can do practice anywhere in the world. Degree is valid in more than 21 countries including India as well. International students in Egyptian universities are provided by a great hospitality and superior education system.
Why MBBS in Egypt is good for Indian students
Egypt is a preferable country for Indian students who wish to be a knowledgeable Doctor in the world. By providing English medium MBBS to international students, Egyptian universities completely remove the barrier of communication and provide smooth learning experience to the students.
MBBS in Egypt are just not considered for globally valid degrees. Universities provide enormous opportunities and everything that a student expected from international universities. Excellent education is the utmost priority of Egypt. Egypt offers equal chances to the national and international students.
While studying in Egypt, you will not only acquire medical education but also get ample of opportunities to learn about several other things. Studying medicine in Egypt is affordable. In comparison to Indian private colleges, Egypt is inexpensive. Although, level of education is superior, the cost of study is cheap.
Besides excellent education, professors or mentors of universities are very supportive and well-education. Students are guided by well experienced professors and Doctors in medical universities. If you are doubtful about anything, you can easily clear it at the same time without any hesitation. Teachers will always guide you toward the correct path and will always be there for you.
Friendly environment is another important factor that plays an important role in education. Universities are located in peaceful settings. Moreover, a quiet and calm environment helps the students to stay focused towards studies. Hostel rooms and campus areas are designed according to the student requirements to make it involving and interesting.
Well, while studying in Egypt, you will not miss your country for sure due to comfortable lifestyle and friendly behavior of batch mates and teachers. Whichever university you will choose in Egypt, they will provide amazing facilities, such as outstanding lodging, healthy food, medical insurance, latest curriculum, advanced methodology of teaching, low cost tuition fees, speedy admission procedure, and other co-curricular activities. Right from the beginning you will experience excellent education till the end.
MBBS in Egypt Duration
Course duration of medicine in Egypt is practically seven years. It involves five years of theoretical studies and two years of intensive rotational training. So, you can say that basically it is five years but in a statement that was passed by the Egyptian Government which states that the students must do two years of practical training after completing five years of studies. Finishing practical training is compulsory for all international students (Indian) to work as a professional Doctor.
After finishing two years of practical training, students are required to clear an examination. This exam will determine your eligibility and allows you to work as a professional. New amended law of Egyptian government also provides an opportunity to the students to choose their own subjects and get hands- on practice in well-equipped hospitals of Egypt.
International students in Egypt can start their clinical practice right from the first year of MBBS and can interact with local patients from the fourth year onwards. It will provide real time experience to the students. So, in Egypt you will get enough medical exposure to practice medicine. From 2017 seven years of MBBS is made compulsory for all international but still they promote five years MBBS because after completing final five years in Egypt, you can move to another university or abroad destination for practical training.
Top MCI approved Medical Universities of Egypt
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Alexandria University, Egypt
- Helwan University, Egypt
- Mansoura University, Egypt
- Kafrelsheikh University, Egypt
- Zagazig University, Egypt
- Menoufia University, Egypt
- Tanta University, Egypt
- Suez University, Egypt
Fees structure of MBBS in Egypt
Studying five year of MBBS form Egyptian best medical universities cost around 28 lakhs to 30 lakhs. However it can also go higher depending upon your spending habits and expenses you made while studying. Approximately, 30,000-39000 USD is the annual cost of study medicine in Egypt fees structure may vary according to the ranking of Universities. For example; MBBS in Cario University Egypt ranges in between 27-28 lakhs for five year.
Apart from tuition fees, cost of staying in University Hostel rooms will cost in between 600 USD -800 USD per year.
|Fees||1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year|
|Tuition fees|| 7500 USD
| 6000 USD
| 6000 USD
| 6000 USD
| 6000 USD
|Residence permit|| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
|Miscellaneous charges|| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
| 100-150 USD
|One time charges|| 3500 USD
|Total per year|| 11,200 USD
| 6200 USD
| 6200 USD
| 6200 USD
| 6200 USD
|Grand Total|| 36000 USD
While studying in Egypt, you have to be careful regarding expenses to save money and invest in good things that will be helpful for you in future. Cost of studying MBBS in Egypt is nominal. It is quite cheap as compared with European countries or Indian Colleges as well. There are some compulsory expenses you have to pay for during studies such as tuition fees, hostel charges, canteen food charges, library fees, etc.
Furthermore, after completing classroom studies, students will have to complete their two years internship. Doing an internship from Egyptian hospital will provide extra benefits. Students interested in a specialist degree can directly apply to MD/MS in Germany after completing MBBS. Additionally, interns are provided by high stipends during the internship period.
Eligibility Criteria of MBBS in Egypt
Eligibility criteria of MBBS in Egypt is very similar to other abroad countries for Indian students. It is easy, simple and quick at the same time. Eligibility criteria of medical course from Egyptian medical universities are as follows;
- Age of applicant should not be less than 17 years by the 31st December of Admission year. Applicants failing to fulfill this point are not eligible for admission.
- Next is the higher education criteria. So, Indian candidates are required to complete at least 10+2 education systems from a recognized board of the country.
- Students must have qualified 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subjects.
- Students must have scored a minimum of 65% in 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject.
- Additionally, it is compulsory for all Indian students to qualify NEET examination with good passing scores to get admission in Egypt.
Admission procedure of MBBS in Egypt
Advance information is always helpful. So, it will also be helpful for you to get the admission procedure in advance. Admission procedure in Egyptian medical universities is a direct process. Means admission of aspiring students are based on their marks achieved in higher secondary examination.
To secure a seat in Egypt you have to apply as soon as possible. Getting a student’s Visa is a time taking process. It will take 3-4 weeks. So after getting a letter, apply for a Visa. The application process will start from the first week of August, every year. Application is an online process. Moreover, the academic year will start from September.
Important documents required for admission in Egypt
- 10th mark sheet and certificate.
- 12th mark sheet and certificate.
- NEET scorecard and pass certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate original.
- Transfer certificate.
- Xerox copy of Passport.
- Bank statements for proving smooth funding for tuition and living expenses in Egypt.
- PCC or Police Clearance Certificate.
- Physical Medical examination reports by a certified Doctor.
- Copy of Invitation letter by the university.
- Copy of fees deposit slip to the university.
Accommodation facilities provided in Egypt
- Indian and other international students going for opting MBBS in Egypt will surely have an amazing hostel life.
- International students can choose a way of accommodation. They can choose from an apartment or hostel room. Apartment rooms are costly whereas hostel rooms are much affordable.
- Majority of international students prefer to stay in university hostels because of various facilities, favorable study environment and healthy food provided in campus canteen.
- University campuses are equipped with all necessary utilities and students can use them at any time for comfortable living.
- Safety and security is the priority of the University and that’s why there are CCTV cameras everywhere in Egyptian universities.
- There are separate hostels for girls as well. Whether you are a girl or boy, international students in Egypt are totally safe due to the high security system of Egyptian government.
Benefits of pursuing MBBS in Egypt
- Egypt is one of the hottest medical destinations for Indian medical aspirants.
- Pursuing MBBS in Egypt is a cost-effective way of learning medicine.
- Tuition fees of MBBS is very low in Egypt as compared to other countries.
- Besides, fees structure living and food expenses are also cheap.
- Climate, Environment of study, and surroundings are preferable for Indian students.
- Egyptian universities ranked 239 places in the world.
- Medical universities provide a wide variety of handpicked faculties for international students.
- Universities offer world class infrastructure, superior quality of education and excellent services.
- Universities provide separate Hostel facilities for Boys and girls.
- The MBBS curriculum offered by Egyptian universities is similar to Indian pattern.
- Medium of MBBS in Egypt is in English language.
- They also provide an opportunity to learn a second language.
- University campus and Hostel premises are furnished.
- You can directly apply in Germany after finishing medicine in Egypt.
- Medical universities of Egypt are permitted by the MCI, WHO, and other organizations.
- MCI screening test, USMLE and PLAB passing percentages are also high.
- Good career opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
- Apart from studies, there is a lot more to discover in Egypt.
- Egypt offers practical training in the best hospitals of Egypt. It will help the students to get real time experience.
Education system of Egypt
Medical education training system of Egypt is comparable with US, UK or American universities. The MBBS Education system of Egypt is at its highest. Medical Universities of Egypt provide outstanding teaching and learning facilities to the international students that they will ever expect. Indian students planning to complete their studies from Egypt will absolutely get excellent education and practical knowledge.
Topics or Subjects
While opting for an MBBS course in Egypt, you will not have to worry about syllabus or subjects. Everything is planned by the Ministry of Education, Egypt. A list of subjects passed the MOE, Egypt which contains all important subjects and covers each topic that is necessary for you. Everything is going to be discussed in detail, whether it is Theoretical and practical.
Types of studies
In Egypt, the MBBS course curriculum is similar to Indian curriculum. Therefore, it involves theory and practical classes. During the first five years, students will learn by reading, writing and solving assignments and from the sixth year onwards they will implement their theoretical knowledge practically.
Moreover, Professors and Doctors are very cooperative. They will guide students nicely and always try to clear the doubts and queries regarding education. They will give their best to support international students.
After every semester there is an examination conducted by the university. All national and International students are required to sit in the Exams and clear them. Students failing to clear the examination are not allowed in the next class until they will not clear the previous exam. Moreover, due to focused studies, students will easily clear all exams. However, if you feel weak in any subject you can go for Extra classes’ as well before examination.
Internship or Practical training
Internship is a mandatory process for everyone. It is considered as an important part of MBBS studies. During Internship, students will get practical exposure and by this they will master practical as well as theoretical aspects of medicine. Well! If you are doing your internship in Egypt, you will get paid by them.
So, this is all about MBBS in Egypt. Indian students who are coming to pursue medicine from Egyptian medical universities have to be mentally prepared, because you have to deal with new environments, new peoples, new subjects and all. So you should be mentally and physically strong to concentrate on your studies and achieve your goal.
Egypt is a transcontinental nation. It spans from the northeast side of Africa to the southwest side of Asia. Capital of Egypt is Cairo. Egypt shares its geographical boundaries with Gaza and Israel from the northeast and Red Sea and Gulf of Aqaba from the east side, Sudan from the south and Libya from the west.
Egypt is very famous in the world for world’s longest River Nile, Pyramid one of the Seven Wonders of the World, for their beautiful beaches, amazing structure, coastline, oldest civilization, etc. Moreover, it is also popular for MBBS in Egypt. Egypt is a Mediterranean land. Egypt is significantly re-known for many things in the world. These days, Egypt is world popular for providing the best MBBS education to international students.
Islam is the followed by the 90% people of the Egypt. However, After Islam, Christianity is the second popular religion in Egypt. It has a combination of different cultures therefore, Egypt is a reflection of multiple cultures. Medical universities of Egypt offer the best quality of education and training. Egypt attracts a good number of overseas students including Indian students as well as tourists from different corners of the world.
When it comes to medical education from Egypt, you can easily figure out the details in regards to the structure of medical studies, healthcare centers, technology, fees structure, infrastructure and all every easily.
Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
Q1. Which is the best university for Pursuing MBBS in Egypt?
Cairo University is one of the best MCI approved medical universities in Egypt.
Q2. What is the duration of an MBBS course in Egypt?
Basically, the course duration of MBBS is seven years in Egypt. It includes five years of classroom studies and two years of practical training. So in total, it is a complete seven year-long training.
Q3. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Egypt?
The average annual tuition fees of MBBS in majority of universities is moderate. It is approximately 6000-8000 USD per year.
Q4. How can I get admission in Cairo University in Egypt?
An Indian student must have to qualify 12th standard with PCB subjects. He / She must have scored at least 75% marks along with English Language. Moreover the age of a student should not be less than 17 years at admission year.
Q5. How many med schools are there in Egypt?
There are 20 public med schools in Egypt. However, they annually accept 9000+ international students.
Q6. Is Egyptian universities safe for female students?
Yes, Egypt is totally safe for all international students whether they are male or female.
Q7. What is the scope of MBBS in Egypt?
There is a wide scope after getting an MBBS degree from Egypt. While studying you will get various opportunities to establish your dream career, you will have wide exposure during studies. Moreover, if you want you can pursue MD/MS from Germany and other popular destinations directly.