Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital is one of the leading private medical colleges in Rajasthan. It is a tertiary care multispecialty hospital, spread across 35 acres of land.
The university was established in the year 2008. Until 2011, it was attached to the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. After launch of Geetanjali University in the year 2011 the affiliation changed to the university.
With the massive investment of 110 crores, the university has state of the art facilities, world class facilities, ultra modern equipments, under single roof. The objective of the project to construct medical college along with a multi-specialty hospital is to provide all advanced facilities, medical treatment and healthcare services, which are offered only by big hospitals attached to corporate.
The medical college also equipped with ultra modern equipments and all facilities to meet the never ending needs of ever developing medical field.
MBBS in Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital is a five and a half years course. It is split into four and a half years academic training and one year compulsory rotational internship in the hospital attached.
Location of GMCH is a visual treat to the eyes and rejuvenation therapy to the mind. The campus is located around the lush green, majestic and mesmeric Aravalli Range of Mountains, in the city of Udaipur.
GMCH offers medical courses in different streams.
- Diploma in Radiation Technology
- Diploma in Opthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technician
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
MBBS is the primary graduate medical program offered by GMCH. Apart from this, it also offers following Bachelor of Science courses in graduate stream.
- Medical Science
- Medical Lab Technician
- Radiotherapy Technology
- Cardiac Perfusion
Post graduate courses include different branches in MD and MS, from general surgery, radiotherapy, community medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, forensic medicine, pathology, psychiatry, orthopedics, etc and Masters of Science degrees in BioChemistry, Bio Technology, Medical microbiology, and Anatomy.
Admission to MBBS in the Indian Medical Colleges, be it private or public or government run, NEET qualification is essential. NEET the common medical entrance test remains the major criteria to choose the meritorious candidates.
- Minimum age of years should be less than 17 years (before 31st December) on the year of admission,
- Pass with minimum of 50 percent marks in the higher secondary exam
- The major subject of study / stream should be science – Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For the candidates who belong to the reserved population, the minimum eligibility marks in higher secondary is 40%.
- Admission to GMCH is given based on performance in the medical entrance examination.
- Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital has 1150 beds and operates as multi super specialty center covering wide range of healthcare services. The healthcare services and medical facilities are quite renowned in and around the state of Rajasthan.
- GMCH is one of its kind offering treatment and care for the rarest diseases and emergency services.
- Students get trained in different departments in a massive tertiary care hospital which gives wide exposure.
- Students during the internship are given rotational shifts in different departments for extensive learning.