Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the reputed private medical colleges. It is the first medical college in the state of Uttarakhand. The medical college has a lot of special attributes.
HIMS was established with the objective of providing excellent medical education in a comfortable learning environment. Besides, it also focused on offering the quality and affordable healthcare services in the locality.
More than merely concentrating on imparting the medical knowledge, the college aims at enriching the medical students as ethical medical professionals to serve in the healthcare industry.
HIMS has 1100 bedded multispecialty hospital including all advanced treatment options from emergency services to for clinical training and other aspects for the students. More than 2000 patients visit the hospital every day.
The medical college is affiliated to Swami Rama Himalayan University. Established in the year 1996, the courses are approved by the Medical Council of India.
Courses offered by Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
MBBS is the first course offered by the HIMS. It is a 4.5 years undergraduate course and has one year of compulsory training as an intern.
- The college offers postgraduate courses, paramedical and biosciences courses.
PG courses include,
Master of Surgery (MS)
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (E.N.T.)
Doctor of Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
Admission to MBBS in Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
MBBS admission is based on the score and all admissions are based on meritorious stature of the candidates.
- Pass with minimum of 50% score in the class 12 examination with major subjects as Physics, chemistry and biology.
- NEET UG exam minimum qualifying marks
Number of students admitted is 150 per year. 40% of the seats are allocated for the local residents of the Uttarakhand State.
Highlights of Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
- First medical college of the Uttarakhand state
- The college has internationally recognized pedagogy
- Hostel atmosphere is built in a way to recreate the home environment. A second home to the students
- Students are encouraged to participate in a variety of arts and cultural events
- Indoor games, outdoor games, and indoor gymnasium
- Lush green and comfy environment
- Facility of Banking and ATM inside the campus
- An exclusive grocery outlet
- Safe and secured environment
- Research oriented studies
- State of the labs with NABL Certification
- Rural and urban health centers
- Library functions on all days of the week, and has access to all international magazines and journals (apart from the massive collection of the books)
- Tuition fee for MBBS is 14.5 lakhs per year.
- Hostel fee is 80K per year.
Location and Contact Information
Location of the college is the biggest highlight. The college and the university have pride in the unique learning environment provided to the students.
SWAMI RAMA HIMALAYAN UNIVERSITY
Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
Swami Ram Nagar, Jolly Grant
Dehradun – 248016, Uttarakhand, India