Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is a ranked medical institution formerly named as Lviv National Medical University is one of the oldest medical universities in Ukraine. With Level VI accreditation, Lviv National Medical University is a top medical university in Ukraine. The university was established with 4 faculties of medicine in the year 1784. The university celebrated the 225th anniversary in the year 2009. However, the history of the university can be dated back to 1661, where it was commenced as an academy.
It is listed in the world top rankings in the top medical universities. Among the world university ranking in the list of 11,000 universities, Lviv National Medical University ranked at 4681. After turning into the National University in the year 2003, it received international recognition. The university has made significant contributions to the development of science and national education.
University is located in one of the most beautiful and divined cities of Ukraine. It has approved by Medical Council of India for its medical courses available in medical colleges for Indian students. It consists of a graduate, Postgraduate, Intern graduates, Clinical Graduates, Associate professors, and assistant professors.
The university is located in the city of Lviv, in western Ukraine. It is one of the major cities of Ukraine, considered a hub of culture, city of catholic churches, historic building, and landmarks and one of the most attractive parts of the European region. University’s proper address is Pekarska Street, 69, L’viv, L’vivs’ka Oblast Ukraine, 79000.
Lviv National Medical University, Courses & Programs
The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses.
- MBBS – Clinical Medicine, 5 years program
- Bachelors of Dentistry
- Nursing Program
Postgraduate programs include
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Oncology
- Therapy Dentistry
- Internal Disease
- Anesthesiology and Intensive, Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Hygiene Traumatology
- Orthopedics and Pathological Anatomy
- Pulmonology and Phtisiatry
- Infectious Diseases
- General Practice- Family Medicine
- Psychiatry Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic
Lviv National Medical University Admission Procedure
The academic year begins from September 1, every year.
The preparatory year begins from October 1 every year.
The courses are offered in three languages, English, Russian and Ukrainian. The preparatory course is taught in the Ukrainian language.
- Applicants must have passed school education in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized education board or any equivalent qualification recognized by universities.
- The major subject of study must be Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying is 50 % in aggregate.
- The university conducts entrance exam for the applicants. Based on performance and score in the entrance exam, candidates are enrolled.
All the certificates should be translated into the Ukrainian language, duly attested by Ukraine Embassy. Lviv National Medical University has a branch office in New Delhi to assist the Indian students to pursue MBBS in Ukraine. The minimum age for applying for a medical program shall be 16 years.
Good health is one of the priorities that count on eligibility and admission to medical programs. Applicants shall provide the certificate that authenticates that they are healthy and doesn’t suffer from the deformity. HIV Certificate is mandatory.
Lviv National Medical university fee Structure
|Particulars||Fee/per year in USD|
|Amount in USD $||$7000.|
|Amount in INR (Rupees)||Rs. 4,20,000.|
|Hostel &food charges||40,000.|
Highlights of the Medical University
- Huge campus, ventilated classrooms and lecture halls, library, well-equipped laboratories, and qualified faculties.
- More than 500 international students study MBBS in this university.
- MCI approves the MBBS from Lviv University.
- The university has ties with 10 special treatment centers and chain of hospitals to offer extensive training.
- High-quality hostel facility separately for boys and girls. The hostel is located within the academic campus surroundings.
- After completion of MBBS in Lviv National Medical University, students can opt to study a postgraduate program in the same university.
Lviv National Medical University Ranking
It is a non- profit making public institution provides coeducation for higher medical studies. University’s country ranking is 65th position and it holds 6750th position in the world ranking. University has also listed in world’s top 200 universities and ranked amongst top 50 universities of Oceania.
LNMU hostel accommodation and other facilities
University hostels are housed in a wide area of College campus and known for its equippied facilities, safe and comfortable zone and perfect accommodation facility provided by the controlling body. Surrounding of hostels building is a good example of a balanced study with comfort.
University is noticeable for its modern infrastructure and innovative learning techniques with advanced teaching aids available in medical university.
University avail the facility of Library, Research labs, Computer labs, Campus canteen, Confrence& Seminar hall for meetings, Sports complex, a vast ground for events, swimming pool for both students and faculty, Mess with Indian food, Banks, ATMs, Hospital and departmental stores.