Moscow State Medical University MBBS Admission
Moscow State Medical University is one of the oldest and the top medical university in the Russia. It is unofficially termed as the first medical school in the Russia. The university functions for more than 250 years. Needless to say, MSMU is the pride of the country. It was initially named as I.M. Sechenov First Moscow Institute of Medicine. In the year 1990 it was named as I.M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy. In the year 2010, it emerged into Moscow State Medical University. The first ever medical university played significant role in the development of medicine, training, scientific research etc.
The university contributed to growth of healthcare in the country as well as in the global medicine structure. MSMU continues to focus on medical research, achievements, effective medical treatment, healthcare module, and new technologies in the sector.
The university has 20 buildings comprises of state of the art classrooms, lecture halls, common clinical center, 17 different clinics, research center, a massive library, laboratories, publishing office and hostel campuses.
MSMU is recognized by the World Health Organization.
It is located in the heart of the Moscow City.
MBBS in this university, General Medicine is offered as 6 years medical program for both local and international students.
- General Medicine (Russian and English medium)
- Pharmacy (Russian and French medium)
- Preventive Medicine
- Stomatology (Dentistry)
- Faculty for research and teaching staff training.
The general medicine course is offered in both English and Russian Language. Students can opt to learn Russian language as part of the curriculum to enhance communication with the locals.
Eligibility for admission is not like other medical colleges in the Russian Republic. Being one of the most reputed universities, the admission requirement is different.
- The basic eligibility requirement is foundation study in Science. Students from science background are eligible to apply for MBBS in this university.
- STPM / Diploma in medicine / Canadian Pre U exam qualification, UEC are other eligibility criterions that secures admission in MBBS.
- The school completion shall be from recognized boards in respective countries.
Students can apply directly to the university through online application form or contact the authorized representative appointed in each country.
Highlights of the Medical College
- International cooperation and exchange programs are the important aspects of this first medical college in Russia.
- MSMU provide extensive training to the students. It engages students in various activities and programs conducted by qualified and expert professionals, specialists in the field of medical science.
- More than 1500 graduates study post graduate training program, which comes as part of MBBS internship. The internship training for students is very intense and extensive. It covers all clinical specialties.
- The Scientists and research scholars from IM Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy who also assist in students are recognized across the globe.
- More than 2000 international students choose to study higher education in the same university.
- In spite of being the oldest medical school with great reputation, the cost of Medical program is very affordable.