There are numbers of NRI students who want to appear in NEET examination. Medical colleges in India offer admission through NRI Quota reserved by the Medical Council of India. NRI MBBS Admission or NRI student’s admission in Indian colleges is controlled by the NMC (National Medical Council)/MCI.
Thousands of Indian and NRI student seeks to get admission in top ranked MBBS colleges in India. Admission will be based on NEET UG Entrance Examination. Read the full article to get the complete information regards NRI MBBS Admission.
What is NRI MBBS Admission
NRI students who are keenly interested to take admission in top ranked medical colleges of India have to qualify the entrance examination. NRI students have to apply for NEET-UG examination. However, passing NEET UG exam is equally important. It requires a lot of preparations to pass the examination. The students can also take online coaching from the best faculty for better preparation and results.
You will get a wide variety of medical courses in Indian colleges. Well, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is one of the most popular courses among medical students of India. In India, admission in popular UG medical courses such as MBBS or BDS will be done through NEET UG Entrance Examination. Unlike Indian medical aspirants, NRI’s Person’s of Indian Origin or overseas Citizen of India have to appear in the examination.
NRI MBBS Admission is based on the NEET Scores. Moreover, seats are also allocated on the basis of NEET scores as well. Process of NRI admission is not very typical.
Admissions of NRI students will be done under NRI Quota reserved by the National Medical Council/MCI. Through NRI reserved quota, admissions are provided to those students who are qualified NEET examination.
NRI MBBS Admission Important Events
- Application process begins- 6th April, 2022
- Application process ends- 6th May, 2022
- NEET Examination Date – 17th July, 202
Who falls under the NRI category?
- NRI students/candidates are those who Indian citizen’s children staying or settled in foreign country are NRI candidates.
- The students who the children of state or central employees and currently living in abroad for deputation period of time.
- The students/ candidates who must be of Indian origin but living in abroad.
- The students who born in foreign country but their parents are Indian are also considered as NRI candidate.
What is the eligibility criteria of NRI MBBS admission?
The candidates are required to meet the requirements of the MCI/NMC and medical colleges to get MBBS Admission. The eligibility criteria of NRI MBBS admission is given below.
- The candidates who have passed compartmental examination are not eligible.
- The NRI candidates who are applying for NRI MBBS Admission must have passed higher secondary examination or he/she must have passed Indian School Certificate which is equals to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination.
- During the 12 years of studies, in the last two years students must have studied Physics Chemistry Biology and Mathematics. Or he/she must have chosen any other subjects with English and it should not be less than core course of English subjects as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training.
- Or, the candidate are require passing intermediate examination from science stream of Indian University/board or another recognized body that shall includes practical tests as well along with English as a main Subject.
- Or, the candidate has passed pre professional/pre medical examination with physics, Chemistry, biology and English after qualifying 10+2 education or pre university equivalent examination.
- Or, any other examination that is found equivalent to intermediate science examination of Indian University or board.
- Additionally, the NRI candidates must have passed NEET UG Entrance examination.
- He/ She must hold a valid Passport.
- NRI candidates who are applying NRI Scholarship must have real blood relations with their financial supporters.
- The candidates must be fulfilling with the age criterion.
Four easy steps of NRI MBBS admission
Admission process of NRI students in MBBS course at institutes like AIIMS is effortless.
Interested students have to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG). Apply on the official website of NEET to sit in the examination.
- Qualify the NEET Examination with good scores.
- Choose the best colleges for admission under NRI Quota.
- Register yourself for counselling and qualify all the rounds.
- Pay the fees and start your course.
What are the documents required for NRI MBBS Admission?
The list of documents required for MBBS Admission of NRI in India is mentioned below.
- A Valid passport
- Passport size Photograph (Coloured)
- Stamp size photographs
- Joint Declaration by the parents
- No objection Certificate issued by the Ambassador/authority of candidate’s Country.
- NOC from the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi
- Student’s Visa
- 10th mark Sheet
- 12th mark Sheet
- Passing Certificates
- Transfer certificate
- Health certificate
- Vaccination Certificate
- Migration certificate
- Health insurance Certificate
Additional documents for candidates applying for NRI seats-
- A proof being sponsor NRI/OCI/PIO in the form of certificate issue by Indian embassy/ ministry of external affairs, government of India for this purpose along with certificate in the prescribed proforma on non judicial stamp paper of Rs.50 by father/mother/guardian. Click to see proforma.
- In the absence of that certificate a duly notarized undertaking executed by the sponsor and notarized by the notary public of foreign country where the sponsor resides being submitted by the sponsor, it be treated as sufficient as the factom of the residence of the sponsor. Click to see proforma.
- NRI undertaking must have been issued on or after date of NEET-UG/PG result.
Guidelines for NRI Candidates
- One of the parent of student should be an NRI and shall ordinarily be residing abroad as an NRI for minimum 5 years.
- The person who sponsor the student for admission should be a first degree relation of the student. (Real brother/sister).
- If the student has no parent or near relation or taken as a ward by some other nearest relatives such student also may be considered —
(i)Real brother and real sister of father i.e. real uncle and aunt.
(ii) Real brother and sister of mother i.e. real maternal uncle & maternal aunt.
(iii) Father and mother of father i.e. grand father & grand mother.
(iv) Father and mother of mother i.e. maternal grand father & maternal grand mother.
(v) First degree paternal and maternal cousin.
(vi) Such person should be NRI.
- A proof being sponsor NRI/OCI/PIO in the form of certificate issue by Indian embassy/ ministry of external affairs, government of India for this purpose along with certificate in the prescribed proforma on non judicial stamp paper of Rs.50 by father/mother/guardian. OR
In the absence of that certificate a duly notarized undertaking executed by the sponsor and notarized by the notary public of foreign country where the sponsor resides being submitted by the sponsor, it be treated as sufficient as the factom of the residence of the sponsor.
- An affidavit from the soponsor that he/she look after such student and will sponsor entire course fee for the candidates.
- NRI bank account passbook of the financial support.
- passport, visa, residence proof, work permit and nativity certificate of the financial sponsor
The following terms & conditions shall be followed for admission to NRI students.
- The Supreme Court of India in year 2016 notified that NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) will be mandatory for admission in MBBS/BDS courses across the country under NRI/PIO/OCI and other foreign National.
- NRI financially supporting the candidate must be a blood relative such as Father / Mother / Brother / Sister / Uncle / Aunt /Paternal & Maternal Cousins only.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG & PG).
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
NRI MBBS Admission Fees in India 2022
The Fees Structure of top rated medical Universities/ Colleges of India are given below. The below listed fees structure is for NRI quota students. These colleges offer excellent education to the students at lowest tuition fees.
Best NRI MBBS Admission medical colleges/Institutes in India
The interested candidates can apply in any of this colleges/university by filling a common application form. These are the top ranked medical institutes of India offering a large variety of medical courses in various specializations.
- AIIMS New Delhi
- Vinayaka Missions Medical College & Hospital, Karaikal, Puducherry
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences (DMIMS), Wardha, Maharashtra
- Baddi university of Emerging Science and technologies
- Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Mullana, Haryana
- Sree Siddhartha Medical College (SSMC TUMKUR), Tumkur, Karnataka
- BVDU Medical College & Hospital, Sangli Maharashtra
- Dr D. Y. Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre (DYPMC), Pune
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka
- Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi, Kerala
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum Karnataka
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune Maharashtra