Study MBBS in Osh State Medical University, Kyrgyzstan
Osh State Medical University is a Premiere University in Kyrgyzstan to study MBBS. It is listed as one of the top universities, featured as a prominent institution in the educational, scientific and cultural research center. In fact, Osh ios regarded as the Scientific Research Center of the Kyrgyz Republic. Besides, the university also listed in the developed, prestigious and distinguished Universities in Eurasian Region.
State University was established in the year 1951. It was originally named as Osh State Pedagogical Institute. It transformed into University in the year 1992. This is the first university initiated exploring science, which is bloomed all over the country.
Soon after achieving the status of University, it started enrolling foreign students to medical studies. The first batch of international students was admitted in the year 1993. OSH University offers graduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees for both local and international students. The university constantly strives to give beneficial, high-quality education to all students.
The objective of the university is to provide organized, structured and high-quality medical courses to the students. In addition, it also offers high-quality patient care from well-qualified doctors.
Located in the City of Osh, it has an exclusive setting for the Urban Campus. Osh is a beautiful city. The administrative campus of the university is located in the heart of this city. Other departments and faculties are located across the city in different places.
Osh State Medical University Courses
General medicine is offered for international students are Doctor of Medicine, which is an undergraduate degree, MBBS. It is six years medical program.
Other courses include the following
- Stomatology (Dentistry) – Duration: 1 + 5 years
- Pediatrics M.D (Doctor of Medicine) – (Only for local students) – Duration: 6 years
- Pharmacy – Duration: 5 years
Postgraduate Medical Courses include,
MD / MS (Postgraduate) – Duration: 2 or 3 years optional
Admission requirements – MD or MBBS.
Osh State Medical University Admission Procedure
The admission policy and procedure are very apparent and direct. Admission is open to all students from all countries without any restrictions.
- Students who completed the 10 + 2 school education or I.Sc or any equivalent education with a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks.
- Main subjects of study should be biology, physics, and chemistry.
- Should have a good track of academic records
- Should have good health and provide all certificates
Admission is provided only once in a year. The new academic program generally begins in the month of September every year.
Students who are likely to score more than 60% in the class 12 exam can block seats early. Generally, about 80% of seats get filled by the middle of June. So, students can apply early to seek admission.
Highlights of the Medical University
- Osh SU offers MBBS program in the English language. There is no interruption of foreign language during the course of study.
- Osh University is the most favorite university for medical students in Central Asian countries among international students.
- The fee is very affordable compared to similar universities.
- The Osh state Medical University is approved by WHO & MCI.