People’s College of Medical Science and Research Center is one of the leading private medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh. The college was launched in the year 2005. In the year 2011, it become a constitute unit, affiliated to the People’s University.
The objective of the PCMS is to provide high quality medical education, promote research activities and provide state-of-the-art medical and health care facilities. The college strives to develop a hub for the healthcare services to cater to the community needs.
People’s college of medical science provides critical care services to the poor people as the ultimate goal. Excellence in health care facilities along with high quality education in undergraduate and post graduate medical streams.
The hospital attached to the medical college has 900 beds inclusive of teaching beds where MBBS interns train during their internship. The college is approved by the Medical Council of India and the Government of India.
Courses offered by People’s College of Medical Science and Research Center
MBBS is the only graduate program offered by PCMS. It is 5.5 years program inclusive of one year compulsory internship. Number of students intake is 150 per year.
Post graduate courses include MD and MS programs.
|Branch / Courses||Seats|
|Obst. & Gynae.||04|
|Respiratory Medicine(TB &Chest)||02|
Admission to MBBS in People’s College of Medical Science and Research Center
Admission to MBBS in PCMS is based on the eligibility norms laid by the Medical Council of India. Pass in the higher secondary exam and NEET score are the two basic eligibility conditions to seek admission to MBBS. The selection is based on merit list.
Highlights of Peoples Medical College, Bhopal
- This is one of the very few medical colleges with ISO certification
- Lecture halls, laboratories, auditorium and museums feature hi-tech facilities
- The medical college shows priority towards innovations, developmental programs and research activities
- A comprehensive urban and rural training centers are functional as part of the medical college
- The college conducts workshops, lecturers, conferences, research oriented training, etc periodically to impart knowledge and motivate the students
- Many times, the students from People’s College of Medical Science and Research Center showed meritorious excellence in the university examinations
Fee for MBBS is 6 lakhs per annum (approximately) for the academic year 2017 – 18. Overall fee counts to 22 lakhs to 25 lakhs for 5.5 years.
Fee for MD / MS – 21 lakhs for clinical subjects per year and 10 lakhs for the non clinical subjects per year.
Hostel fee – 75,000 per year approximately
Location and Contact Information
The college campus is set in an area of 5 acres of land, where the constructed area measures 50,600 sq ft. It is located in a distance of 5 kilometers from Bhopal Airport and 6.5 kilometers from the Bhopal central railway station.
Address: People’s College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bhanpur, Bhopal (M.P.) 462037.