Huazhong University Of Science And Technology (Hust)
After the Chinese civil war, the central government of china planned to construct a new higher education system for economy, science and technology in Wuhan which was developing rapidly in 1952 which consists of three technical institutes includes Huazhong institute of technology, south-central china institute of power engineering and south-central china institute of water conservancy and electric power which was formally opened on October 15, 1953. Initially there were eight undergraduate programs, 314 full-time faculties and 2639 undergraduate students. HIT became the national key university under ministry of education of china in 1960. After getting the approval from state education committee in 1988 the institute was renamed as Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST).
The main campus (HUST) is located in 1037, Luoyu Road, Wuchang, Wuhan, the central part of china where the cost of living is very low compared to Shanghai or Beijing. It is located in a pleasing environment of over 1153 acres which covers 72% greenery at the foot of Yujia Mountain besides East Lake. Because of this the university is named as the “University in the Forest”. The Tongji Medical Campus is located at 13, Hangkong road, Hankou, Wuhan.
Schools and Departments
HUST includes 42 academic schools and departments covers 12 wide-ranging and multi disciplinary disciplines such as medicine, science, engineering, economics, management, philosophy, law, education, literature, history, agriculture and art.
The university has 93 under graduate courses, more than 200 graduate programs, and 175 research programs in all disciplines. The university is also equipped with 31 post doctoral research centers to promote research orientations. It has various departments as below:
- Science and Engineering
- Social sciences
- Arts and humanity
The medical school has 149 full time lecturers, where more than 90 percent of the teaching faculties holds doctoral degrees. Among them, 67 percent lecturers have overseas study and teaching experience and 13 percent lecturers have overseas research qualification.
It undertakes the teaching of basic medical courses in 12 different majors including clinical medicine, preventive medicine, stomatology medicine, nursing and medical laboratory science. Other than this it also had some advanced courses which includes 7 National Elite Courses, 4 Provincial Elite Courses, and 3 National Demonstration Courses of Bilingual Teaching, 7 National Opening Courses Ware.
- HUST offers 15 best accommodated apartments on campus for international students. According to their needs they offer single and double bedrooms with all facilities includes washing room, water heater, air conditioner, Internet, telephone, furniture and other necessary things.
There are four main apartments for international students
- East district: Bojing Pavilion
- Middle district: Friendship Apartment (mainly for scholarship students)
- West districts: Huahong Apartment (mainly for postgraduate students)
- Huahong Apartment
- Friendship Apartment
- Bojingge Apartment
- Hongjia, No. 2 Building
- Best university among top 10 universities in China with rapid development which leads to hail the name as “The epitome of the development of China’s higher education”.
- The teaching and student strength in University includes 3000+ full time teaching faculty.
- 4 libraries with a collection of 5, 79 million volumes.
- Above 95% employment rate of graduates.
- Alumnus as Universities Scholars and Presidents, Engineers, Doctors, Politicians, Enterprisers and Journalists.
- Partnerships with more than 100 world renowned universities and research institutions in 26 countries
- More than 2,000 international students from 120