Tianjin Medical University was established in 1951. It was the first Medical institution approved by the State council after the foundation of People’s republic China. It is abbreviated as TMU by the locals. In the year 1993 Tianjin Medical College and Tianjin Second Medical College emerged to lay down the foundation of Tianjin Medical University. It is one of the national “211 Project” major universities in China.
At present, Professor Yongfeng Shang, a famous public figure and academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, is the president of university. TMU is recognized by the World Health Organization, Acknowledged by the Medical Council of India, authorized by the Chinese Ministry of Education and 70+ universities to enroll international medical aspiring students. TMU has been offering education to international students since 1960 and currently 1000+ international students from 60 varied countries are acquiring knowledge in various fields of medicine. It offers MBBS courses in English medium.
It has a highly experienced and well educated teaching staff for guiding thousands of international students. TMU staff boasts nearly 1,000 associate professors and 5,900+ professors.
University offers 44 authorized doctoral programs, 61 authorized master programs with 158 doctoral supervisors, 3 mobile postdoctoral stations, and over 500 master supervisors. There are altogether 8500+ students including national and international students.
Tianjin Medical University: Faculties
Tianjin Medical University offers a wide variety of bachelor, Master, Doctorate and certification programs. It has five major subjects such as Clinical medicine of integration of Traditional Chinese and western medicine, oncology; urological surgery; neurosurgery; and endocrine & metabolic diseases. There are 13research institutes in this University to undertake various national, ministerial and research projects. It has seven clinical teaching bases in university, 15 indirect affiliated hospitals and 9 direct hospitals with more than 15000 well ventilated teaching beds. It has 16 medical schools, 1 department and 3 branches.
- School of Basic Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- School of Nursing
- School of Biomedical Engineering
- School of Medical Imaging
- School of Medical Laboratory
- School of Medical Humanities
- School of Medical English & Health Communication
- The First Clinical School
- The Second Clinical School
- School of Oncology
- School of Dentistry
- School of Optometry & Ophthalmology
- School of Continuing Education
- International Medical School
- Department of Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
- Branch of Social Sciences
- Branch of Foreign Studies
- Branch of Physical Education
About MBBS in Tianjin Medical University
Tainjin Medical University is the prime choice of medical aspirants from all over the world. TMU has a strong collaboration with popular medical international universities and research institutions. University has improved a lot since its establishment and become the center of attraction due to its high level Medical education and best research and training base. Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery is the prime course in Medicine.
However, MBBS in China from this institution is a 6 years course with 1-2 years of compulsory internship to get a world recognized medical degree. Universities adopt high teaching techniques to teach students. Wide exposure, practical knowledge elaborated theories helps to achieve the ultimate goals.
Tianjin Medical University Fees Structure
MBBS in China from Tianjin medical university is the best and economical option. The Fee structure of TMU is much lesser than any other Chinese Medical Universities as well as Indian colleges. Pursuing MBBS from the best institution of China will provide you spectacular experience and wide knowledge. Pursuing MBBS from TMU is a wise investment. Tianjin Medical University Scholarships are also provided to merit holders or those who cannot afford the fees. The fees of TMU are as follows
- Tuition fees of TMU is 41000 per year.
- Accommodation charges of TMU is 4500 per year.
Tianjin Medical University Admission Procedure
Admission procedure of TMU is almost similar to other medical institutions. It is a very easy and hassle free procedure. Applicants are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria which contain basic education requirements, personal information, age criteria and NEET scores. Students can directly apply through online mode by visiting the official website of the university. On fulfilling asked requirements and after verification candidates will be called either through an official letter or they will inform you via call. Admission will be started from the beginning of September and ends in the last week of June.
Tianjin Medical University Highlights
- Tianjin Medical University hostel is big and spacious. There is a separate building for International students. It includes a Single room with a private bathroom and basic facilities.
- Low fees structure courses and programs.
- World class infrastructure and standard education system.
- English medium MBBS courses for international students.
- Word recognized Medical Degree.
- Recognized by world medical organizations and medical Councils of various countries.
- Great accommodation facility, several teaching halls, advanced learning plethora, highly skilled trainers, etc.