Volgograd State Medical University is one of the reputed medical universities in the World. It is famed for high quality education in Russia and abroad. Many foreign students prefer to study MBBS in this university for various reasons. The University has highly qualified teaching faculty, state of the art facilities, and advanced researchers.
Many prominent, reputed and world-famous scientists are faculties of this university. VSMU is headed by the world prominent scientist, Professor Vladimir I. Petroy. He is one of the greatest academicians of the world, a prominent Russian Scientist, a biggest contributor to the Russian Academy, Medical Sciences.
VSMU was established as medical support institute in the year 1935. After several decades, it grew into an academy in the year 1994.
Many students in and out of Russia prefer to study MBBS in this university. The competition for admission is very high.
Russian Ministry of Education regulates and accredits this university for teaching medicine to both local and international students.
For professional expertise, career options and extensive training, students prefer Volgograd State Medical University.
Volgograd State Medical University is approved and recognized by the World Health Organization. It opens career options in all countries, after passing respective screening exams.
Volgograd State Medical University is located in a beautiful backdrop, in Southern Russia, on the banks of the river.
MBBS is one of the most sought after degree in this University. Apart from general medicine, the university offers following courses and has exclusive departments for each course.
- College of Pediatrics
- College of Dentistry
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Medical Biochemistry
- Department for International Students
- College for Postgraduate and Continuous Education
Admission procedure is simple. Students shall apply with educational certificates and duly filled visa application form to the university. Generally, the admission is provided between June to July every year.
Since the competition to seek admission in Volgograd State Medical University is high, students shall apply before a few months.
The minimum qualifying marks for admission is 50% in the higher secondary or equivalent exam.
Highlights of the Medical College
- University has different campuses and buildings for pre-clinical and clinical courses. The infrastructure is excellent with all amenities.
- University has four main buildings for pre-clinical courses. The buildings for clinical courses attached with 15 multi specialty clinics equipped with all facilities.
- Main building has centralized library with more than 7 lakh books. In addition, there is also access to international magazines, journals and books from various countries.
- Students have access to free internet services.
- There are eight hostels, located in three different campuses, allocated as hostel for students. All hostels accommodate both local and international students. In the recent years, owing to increased admission, accommodation is unlikely in the hostel.
- The university arranges for accommodation of international students through affordable rental flats with all amenities.
- University has special department functions towards welfare of international students.