Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital Bhubaneshwar Orrisa is established in 2007. It is a trust-aided private medical college affiliated to Siksha ‘O’ Anusadhan University, Bhubaneshwar. It is abbreviated as IMS & SUM (IMS & SH) Bhubaneshwar. The institution is offer 150 Seats for MBBS along with other graduate, post graduate, super speciality and PH. D programs. It offers various speciality under Super Specialisation such as Obstetrics, Gynaecology, ENT, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, etc. The institution recognised by National Medical Commission. Read the full article to get details of IMS & SUM hospital Bhubaneshwar.
|Institute name||Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneshwar|
|Affiliate university||Siksha O Anusandhan University|
|Recognition||National Medical Commission|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, SS, and Ph.D. programs|
|Institute type||Private college|
If you are looking forward for higher medical courses, IMS has a wide variety of medical courses. This medical college is affiliated to Siksha O Anusandhan University. At graduate level it has M.B.B.S and B.Sc. in various disciplines. It offers MD/MS at postgraduate, D.M/ M. Ch courses for Super Specialty programs. It also has P.HD. in medicine. The bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery is one of the most important courses pursued by the medical aspirants.
MBBS Course Duration
The duration of MBBS is 4.5 years. However, the medical graduate needs to pursue one-year mandatory internship from the affiliated hospital. The 12 months internship comprises the practical training in numerous departments such as medicine, orthopaedics, obstetrics, community health, child health, emergency medicine, gynaecology, surgery, and other specialities. The college operates on the guidelines provided by NMC.
The candidates looking for the MBBS course from this college needs to pay roughly around 87 lacs excluding hostel fees and other charges. For NRI it is 1.6 crores. Besides, tuition fees, the students’ needs to pay various other fees during the admission. The college also provides separate hostel for boys and girls and the charges varies as per the facilities offered by the hostel.
Institute of Medial Sciences MBBS Eligibility Criteria
If you are someone who wants to get MBBS admission in Institute of Medial Sciences and SUM Hospital needs to fulfil the requirements for admission.
- The candidate’s age must be 17 years or above as on 31st December of the admission year.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from science subjects with biology (bio-technology) along with the physics, chemistry, and English as the core subjects. The minimum marks required is 50% for the candidates belongs to General category, and 40% in case of ST/SC, and 45% for OBC category candidates.
- The aspirants are also required to pass the most recent NEET UG entrance (By NTA) test with valid marks.
To get admission in MBBS degree, the candidates need to appear and pass the entrance test conducted by National Testing Authority. All the candidates are required to satisfy the eligibility criteria, and show the required documents for admission.
The selection of the candidates in all private, deemed, central and government colleges are based on the marks achieved in NEET marks and other requirements.
The MBBS seats will be offered through NEET counselling based on the NEET scores, Rank, preference and seat availability. The counselling is a complex procedure. There will be multiple round such as like Round 1, round 2, Mop Up round and stray round. At Institute of Medical Sciences, 100% seats will be offered through Odisha NEET UG counselling.
- Class 10 certificate and marks sheet
- Certificate and mark sheet for Class 12
- NEET Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Proof for identification (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Passport size photographs
- Caste Certificate Provisional Allotment Letter (if applicable)
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable)
Supportive Documents for NRI Students Only
- Documents claiming that the sponsor is a non-resident alien (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer).
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate in accordance with the court rulings of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. Dated 22-08- 2017.
- A notarized affidavit from the sponsorer stating that he/she will pay the candidate’s whole course price.
- Sponsoring Embassy Certificate (Certificate from the Consulate).
Students Support by IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneshwar
The institute offer anti-ragging, guidance services, social insurance, specialized classes, report and questions support to the students.
Facilities Offered by Institute of Medical Science and SUM Hospital
The institute provides the following amenities to its students and employees.
The college offers a boy’s hostel, which provides students with sufficient hostel accommodations.
Hostel for Girls
The college features a girl’s hostel, which provides students with nice hostel accommodations.
The college includes a health center with first-aid services for students.
All students have access to the college’s library.
Sports facilities are available to all students at the college.
Infrastructure for Information Technology
The college provides great IT infrastructure for students.
Staff and students have access to a canteen at the college.
For events and seminars, the college features an auditorium.
The college provides students with departmental laboratories.
Ranking and Reputation
In this section, we have provided the ranking on the basis of college facility and services.
Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital Contact Info
|Address||K-8 Kalinga Nagar, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha|
|Telephone No.||0678-2386281, 6606200|