About- KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
The KLE Institute founded the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (JNMC) in Belgaum in 1963 due to the acute shortage of medical facilities in the area. The JNMC is still a tribute to the KLE Society’s high standards for professionalism. The former academic greatness was built on the capable leadership and wise counsel of the late Dr. B.S. Jirge, the founding Dean.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College offers higher education to the medical students of Karnataka and students from other parts of the nation. The vision of this college is to be among the top ten medical colleges of India. In order to achieve this objective, the institute offer top-notch educational opportunities in all areas of medicine and related health sciences in a setting that fosters scholarship, research, integrity, critical thinking, and self-directed education.
|Institute name||KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College|
|Institute type||Deemed University|
|Affiliated to||KLE Academy of Higher Education & Research|
|Address||JNMC KLE University Campus, Belgaum|
|Other courses||PG and SS courses|
|Admission process||On the basis of NEET scores|
|MBBS Intake capacity||200 seats|
The college provides undergraduate MBBS course, MD/MS courses for postgraduate degree and other diploma and post-doctoral, courses and Ph.D. Medical students are introduced to a comprehensive approach to the complete spectrum of science and art of modern medical practice in contexts with limited resources as well as abundant resources. With 2400 beds under one roof, this hospital is among the biggest.
MBBS Course Duration
The course duration of MBBS at JN medical college is 4.6 years. Additionally, the medical students have to do one year mandatory internship. The well-organized curriculum and structured courses at the college are characteristics of the qualified and knowledgeable teachers who deliver top-notch training.
KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College MBBS Fees
The cost of MBBS course is economical. Below are the JNMC Belgaum MBBS tuition costs for each quota. During admission, there are a number of additional expenses in addition to the tuition which you are required to pay.
|Government quota fees||141196/-|
|Management quota fees||18,29000/-|
|Fees for NRI’s||$47,850/-|
Who is Eligible for MBBS Admission?
The eligibility requirements must be fulfilled by applicants who want to enroll in this college. Candidates who do not meet the requirements will not be admitted.
They are very strict about the requirements because if a student doesn’t match the requirements, it can be difficult for him or her to enroll in college.
- The candidate must be 17 years old at the time of admission or on or before December 31.
- The NEET upper age restriction is 25 years, with a 5-year age relaxation for OBC/SC/ST candidates.
- The candidates must have passed 12th standard education of equivalent education from a recognized board or university.
- The general category candidates are required to obtain 50% marks in PCB subjects, and reserved category candidates must have secured 40% marks in the same.
- The percentile is determined using the All-India common merit list in NEET UG. The candidates for the management quota will be selected from among those who apply and meet the MCI’s requirements. Admissions will not be based on grades in mathematics or any other subject.
KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Admission Process
The Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College admissions process is straightforward. The institute requires a few document, pass entrance examinations, and students must clear their eligibility standards before they can enroll in the institution. As mentioned above, the NEET percentile will decide the admission of a students.
Below mentioned are the documents that are required during the admission. These documents will be verified by the admission authorities before granting the MBBS seat.
- Admit card
- NEET scorecard
- 11th and 12th marks sheets.
- Identity card- such adhaar card, PAN card, etc.
- Residence evidence
- Certificate if applicable
KLE JN Medical College Infrastructure
- The expansive campus’s 100 acres are home to first-rate facilities and educational assets, which combined create a welcoming and exciting learning environment.
- The Dr.SG DESAI LIBRARY serves as the central library for the KLE ACADEMY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH. It is an elegant three-story building with a reference section, modern reading rooms with 24-hour services, a digital library with Internet, a binding section, an audio-visual room, and reprographic facilities.
- The multimedia section includes the most advanced computer technology, plasma TVs, DVD players, video and audio players, as well as information CDs.
- The department has an area of around 1,000 square meters. Six lecture halls of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College have contemporary audio-visual equipment. Out of them, the Medical College uses five halls with a seating capacity of roughly 240 students, while the Hospital uses a hall with a seating capacity of 300.
- Each and every lecture hall has air conditioning. In the college, there are 3 available exam rooms. Each of the 400 square meters it took to build had room for 250 people to sit.
- Undergraduate, graduate, trainee, and dentistry students can stay at these hostels.
- 24 hours a day, supervisors are on duty at the hostels.
- Also available is an ambulance.
- All hostels are kept up, have constant electricity and water, and have generator facilities.
- All rooms in the hostel are fan-equipped and have good ventilation, and each student has access to a cot, study table, and chair.
How to Reach KLE Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- The medical college, which lies 5 km inside the city limits and can be reached in 10 minutes with the availability of round-the-clock transportation services, is well connected to Belgaum by the city’s extensive road, rail, and aviation networks.
- Five kilometers and around fifteen minutes of travel time separate the college from the Belgaum railway junction.
- The distance between the city’s domestic airport and the college is about 14.5 kilometres, or 30 minutes by car.
- Mopa International Airport in Goa is the closest international airport and is 108 kilometers away from the college.