The National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination Post Graduate (NEET PG 2023), is a national level entrance examination for the entry in various postgraduate medical courses and programs. This examination grants admission in the best government and private medical colleges of the nation. Students who wish to pursue MD/MS courses or Diploma courses needs to pass this examination.
The NEET-PG is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). Whereas, the counselling and seats allotment is managed by DGHS. For the year 2023, entrance examination has been scheduled 05 March, 2023.
NMC states that because of incomplete training of interns, academic session 2023-2024 for postgraduate courses cannot be possible. As soon as they will complete their training, the academic year 2023-2024 will be held accordingly.
- NEET PG 2023 Registration will be started soon at nbe.edu.in.
- The NEET PG 2023 Exam will be conducted on 05th March 2023 .
This article contains required information about NEET-PG Registration, Application process, deadlines, latest updates, admit card, results, fees, and more. So that you will not miss any useful information regarding NEET-PG.
NEET PG Important Dates
|NEET PG 2023 registration begins from||Third week of December, 2022.|
|Last date to fill application||Last week of January 2023.|
|Correction window||First week of February, 2023.|
|Final edit window||Third week of February 2023.|
|NEET PG admit card||Last week of February 2023.|
|Exam date||5th March, 2023|
|Results||Third week of March, 2023.|
|Counselling||Last week of April, 2023|
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
NEET-PG examination is an online examination conducted by NBE. It is organized to provide admission to the students holding bachelor degrees in medicine like MBBS degree. It is entirely in English language. So, in order to apply for this examination, there are certain requirements which must be fulfilled by the candidates.
- The candidates applying for NEET-PG must have MBBS or Provincial MBBS Pass certificate as per MCI. Additionally, they have registration certificates by the central or state medical council of India.
- Completing a one-year internship is compulsory for all candidates.
- Those candidates who have qualified MBBS from any international universities should have FMGE pass certificate and have completed one year internship before 31st March 2023.
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
NEET-PG 2023 examination is a computer-based test. It is conducted online through the official website of the National Board of Examination. For writing NEET-PG, the first step is to fill the application form. Application forms are easily available on the official website. i.e., nbe.edu.in.
Application forms contain necessary details about candidates which are helpful for the examination organizing authority. It contains personal, academic information. Aspiring candidates can apply for NEET PG as soon as registration process will be started.
NEET PG 2023 Registration Process
Candidates can follow the step-by-step procedure for fresh registration of NEET- PG 2023.
- NEET PG 2023 Registration is likely to be started soon in December 2022.
- First of all, go to the official website of NBE to register themselves. There will be a link appears on the website, click on that link, it will redirect you to a new window. Over there, you have to fill details like name, date of birth, category, and mobile number, email ID, etc. After filling details click on the submit button.
- After submitting the above details, you will get login ID or password on your registered mobile number. Now click on the login button and enter details provided to you.
- Third step is to go to the application form button and click it.
- There are three categories in application form named as personal details, qualification details and examination centre details. Fill the application correctly and don’t leave any column. After filling click on Save and Next.
- Now it’s time to attach scanned copies of required documents. Now you have uploaded your image, thumb impression, Signature and other documents. At the same time, you have to choose your test centre as well.
- Finally, after filling and attaching documents, end the process by paying application form fees. Fees payment is the last option, you can pay it through any online medium of payment.
NEET PG 2023 Application Fees
There has been changes in the NEET-PG application fees. Fees varies according to the categories. Candidates can pay their fees through Debit/Credit or Net banking. After making payment don’t forget to take a printout for future use.
|General and OBC||5015 INR.|
Documents required for NEET-PG 2023
- Bachelor Medical Certificate [MBBS].
- Valid email ID.
- Registered mobile number.
- Aadhar card, Voter ID, PAN card, Passport, etc.
- Scanned photographs
- Scanned Signature of Candidate
- MCI Registration Certificate.
- Proof of Rotatory Residential Internship.
NEET PG 2023 Correction Window
Everyone makes mistakes and to correct that mistake the National Board of Examinations provides one week time to the applicants to update or make corrections. Correction window will be opened in the first week of Feb, 2023, after the registration process ends. Final dates for correction will be notified by NBE on the official website. Candidates can change their Name, date of Birth, mobile number, etc but you cannot change your examination centre.
NEET PG 2023 Examination Pattern
It is necessary to know the exam pattern before attempting any examination. The NEET-PG exam pattern helps you to get an idea of the types of questions, number of questions, language of paper, etc. Examination paper is divided into three parts, Pre-clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical. As per the latest exam pattern, NEET PG will be conducted online at 255+ exam centres.
- Mode of examination is computer-Based.
- It contains 200 MCQs questions from different subjects.
- Duration of NEET PG is 03 hours and 30 minutes i.e., 210 minutes.
- The paper will be conducted for 800 marks.
- For each correct answer 04 marks are provided and 25% mark is deducted for incorrect answer, and no marks will be deducted for unattempt questions.
Distribution of Questions
- Forensic Medicine-10
- Social and Preventive Medicine-25
- General Medicine including orthopaedics, Anaesthesia, and Radio Diagnosis-45
- General Medicine including Dermatology, Venereology, and Psychiatry-45
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-30
NEET PG Syllabus 2023
NEET PG syllabus is based on the subjects covered in primary degree programs that is issued by the Medical Council in India. As the question paper is divided into three sections, thus the syllabus of NEET PG exam includes questions from Pre-medical, paramedical and clinical subjects. Students have to go through all the topics covered in bachelor’s education to perform well on exams.
- Preventive and Social Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
NEET PG Admit Card
Admit cards of NEET-PG will be released in the last week of February 2023 at official website by NBE. Admit card is also called a Hall ticket. It is very necessary for all candidates to take your admit card at the examination centre. Candidate without admit card will not be allowed. The Candidates who are successfully register for NEET Postgraduate can access their admit cards by entering the log in credentials official website.
To download the admit card of NEET PG you have to enter your login credentials.
After downloading admit card candidates have to paste their passport size photographs on your admit card. Dates to download your admit card will be notified via email. Admit cards contain details like name of candidate, roll number, date of Birth, exam date, centre, time, etc.
How to Download Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of NBE.
- Click on the applicant login button.
- After clicking, a new window will appear on the screen, over there you have to enter log-in details such as User ID and Password.
- After entering details your admit card will appear on the screen.
- Now click on the Download button and take print out.
NEET-PG Selection Process
Selection process of NEET-PG is transparent. Postgraduate medical seats in various government and private medical institutes will be filled through NEET-PG. The candidates will be selected on the basis of scores, merit lists, and rank. The minimum scores required to secure a seat is 50 percentiles for general category candidates.
Scores of candidates are useful for filling two types of seats, 50 percent All India Quota Seats at central level and rest of 50 percent seats at state level.
NEET PG 2023 Results
NEET PG Results will be released on the official website. Results will be released in PDF format around the third week of March 2023. Candidates who have appeared in the examination can download their results by login their details on the website of NBE.
NEET PG Cut-off Marks
After conducting the examination successfully, NBE will release cut-off marks for the current year. In order to qualify NEET PG or secure a seat in the best college, candidates have to score either equal to or more than that requirement. Candidates who have obtained that percentile are actually qualified. However, Cut-off marks for NEET-PG is mentioned below;
|General||50 percentile and 275 marks.|
|SC/ST/OBC||40 percentile and 230 marks.|
|UR PWD||45 percentile and 252 marks.|
|SC/ST/OBC/PWD||40 percentile and 230 marks.|
NEET PG 2023 Online Counselling
Admission on MD/ MS or DNB Courses are provided through NEET-PG counselling after NBE announced the results. NEET-PG Counselling conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee. Candidates have to register themselves with MCC to participate in online counselling.
First round of counselling is conducted after the announcement of results.
However, seats are allotted on the basis of total number of seats, availability of seats, number of candidates and performance. Only 50 % All India Quota Seats are filled by NEET PG counselling.
Useful Tips For Exam Takers
- Candidates have to keep their admit card in the examination centre.
- Reach the testing centre 30 minutes before the prescribed time.
- Follow the instructions that are given by the invigilator.
- Don’t carry any restricted things or devices with you.
- Attempt all the questions and in case of any doubts move to the next question.
- Give equal time to each section.
- Practice mock test papers before examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many attempts are in NEET PG 23?
Candidates can apply as many times as they want.
Can NEET PG 2023 be postponed?
No, the final dates for NEET PG 2023 examination is announced by NBE and it is scheduled for 05 March 2023.
Does MBBS marks matter in NEET PG?
No, your MBBS marks do not matter in NEET PG ranking.
Is 60 percent a good grade?
Getting more than 50 percent at university level is great. It shows that you have performed well and have deep knowledge in your subjects.
How many seats are there in NEET PG 2023 ?
There is approximately 19,953 MD, 10821 MS, 1979 PG Diploma, and 1338 DNB CET.
Is NEET PG held twice a year?
NEET-PG held once a year.