NEET 2019 – Notification, Application, Exam Dates, Pattern & Syllabus
NEET 2019, National Eligibility Entrance Test is one of the talks of the towns, all over country for a past few months. Ever since the announcement about entrance exam for medical studies, students in class 12 turned so keen to watch the announcement regarding NEET exam, syllabus and other related information. Passing in NEET exam is essential to get admission in MBBS in India & abroad. NEET 2019 registration is mandatory to appear in the entrance exam and pursue their dream of studying MBBS.
NEET is a single tier medical entrance exam, common all over India for all colleges that offer medical and dental programs. It comes under the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
- National Testing Agency has announced entrance exam date, it will be held on 5th May, 2019
- The online application form submission will start from 1st November 2018 to 30th November, 2018.
NEET 2019 Notification
The notification about NEET 2019 exam has been published on official website of NTA. The National Testing Agency has announced the details of NEET 2019 application and exam date in the official website.
In order to enhance the quality of medical education and drop out the incompetency, Government has reinforced all India medical entrance exams. Until few years, students directly get enrolled in MBBS across the country based on higher secondary cut off marks. In addition, Government also introduced new norms and rules to appear in NEET 2019 exam.
NEET 2019: Changes announced previous year
Millions of medical aspirants waiting to get update from the NEET 2019 notification. Online application submission of NEET UG form will start from 30th November, 2018. It is likely that exam is scheduled on 6th May 2018.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form now.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory to submit online application, but candidate have to submit details of any ID proof.
- There is not limit of attempts to appear in NEET-UG, candidate may appear until the age limit.
- NIOS or state open school or Pvt candidates are not eligible to appear in NEET.
- National Testing Agency has started 3000 practice centers for NEET aspirants from August 2018. It will function on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There will be one set of question paper in all languages.
NEET UG 2019 Important Dates
|Online application submission starts||1st November, 2018|
|Last date to submit application||30th November, 2018|
|Correction window||December, 2018|
|Admit Card availability||15th April, 2019|
|Exam Date||5th May, 2019|
|Answer key will release||within a week of examination|
|Result||5th June, 2019|
|Counselling||from 2nd week of June, 2019|
The dates are yet to be officially confirmed. Similarly, there are cut off dates for appearing in counseling session for each round of counseling. Admit cards exam shall be available from 15th April 2019. Make sure to here or official site to get frequent and necessary updates.
Since, 2019 the NEET will be conducted by National Testing Agency, previously it was held under Central Board of Secondary Education. The official website where you can get the announcement, and do registration is www.nta.ac.in . The website shares all the notifications inclusive of online application form, exam dates, and result dates etc.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Requirements
There is certain eligibility criterion regulated by NTA for NEET exam 2019 applicants.
- The applicant shall be an Indian National or must have Overseas Citizenship of India. Without Indian nationality or citizenship application is void.
- Minimum age is completion of 17 years and maximum age is completion of 25 years, as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Applicants who belong to reserved castes have an extension on age limit, and maximum age is 30 years.
- Students who are currently studying class 12 in any recognized board of education are eligible to apply for NEET exam.
- Students who passed 12th standard are also eligible to apply considering the maximum age limit.
- The main subjects in class 12 shall be Biology / Botany & Zoology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- English shall be one of the main languages of study.
- Minimum qualifying marks for applying to NEET UG 2019 is 50 % in the main subjects for general 45 % for physically challenged candidates and 40 % for reserved candidates.
The upper age limit for application to NEET 2019 is 25 years maximum. Instead of Biology, students who opted for Biotechnology are also eligible to apply for NEET entrance exam.
NEET 2019 Application Form
- The application will available only on official website https://www.nta.ac.in/, online mode.
- Students shall fill the basic details like personal information, contact, qualification, domicile etc
- The application mandates adding the pictures and signature in prescribed image format, size and dimension. Make sure you have the scanned images in respective format.
- There is also requirement of index finger thumb impression image in the prescribed format.
- Payment shall be made online or through bank.
- It is not necessary that you should pay immediately after filling the application form for NEET exam. You can pay the fee through online mode or through bank and update in the portal.
- Once the fee is paid, update the payment details in the application.
- After entering the fee detail, take the print of the application confirmation page, and save a copy in your system.
- Keep the confirmation page of the application safe.
- All applicants must have AADHAR number to apply for the exam.
Application fee for NEET 2019 exam
The application fee is announced by the authorities. There is no change marked in the application fee for the exam.
NEET 2019 exam fee:
- Candidates from general category shall pay Rs. 1400/-
- Candidates from reserved categories shall pay Rs. 750 /-
- Fee for Physically Challenged candidate is Rs.750 /-
Mode of fee payment:
- Online fee payment shall be made through net banking, debit card or credit card.
- Through E-wallets of common services centre and other service providers.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2019 is given below:
- There will be total of 180 questions in the exam. All questions are based on objective type with four options. There are no narrative questions.
- Mode of exam is offline (pen and paper).
- Questions shall be asked from the subjects – Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration of exam is 3 hours.
- As mentioned above, the questions will be given in two languages, English and other language, which includes Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali and Gujarathi.
- Marking scheme for each question is 4 marks for every correct answer. There is negative marking for every wrong answer and 1 mark is reduced for negative marking.
|Subjects / Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
Syllabus is based on the class 11 and 12 curriculum, followed by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. This is approved by Medical Council of India. NEET UG 2018 syllabus is followed in the NEET UG 2019 syllabus without any change.
Quick Preparation Tips for NEET 2019 Exam
It is essential to prepare in advance for the entrance exam. However, the syllabus is from class 11 and class 12 subjects. So making yourself thorough with the subjects help you learn the basics. It is not sufficient to score high in the entrance exam. You should consider preparation and learn in detail from similar text books and study materials.
There are many mock tests available for preparations and you can solve the model test question papers in the prescribed time. Plan for each subject and work on a schedule. Do not rush in the last moment and include new topics for preparation.
Prepare well and all the best.